Australia
Parrots
Scarlet Chested
Ring Necked
Green Cheeked Conures
Bourke
Princess
How often should I be worming?

I worm twice a year at the moment with stuff I put in there water. All my birds are in a outside aviary with cement floor.

Are there any Ill affects of worming while my birds have chicks?

Thanks in avdvance for any help

Clint
australianaviculture

lexilu

Sep 2, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Bob and Tom my parakeets
I have never heard of worming birds. ???? Some birds eat worms for food, I never thought birds got worms

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Basiclly 3 types of worms and 3 different treatments,i'd carry some samples from the aviary and they can check and see what you have going on if anything.I'd avoid giving meds to any birds feeding chicks unless it was a life and death situation.Some of the Ascrais worms can be very large and might harm the bird if killed outright.I'd consult with a good AV before medicating my birds.

OP
australianaviculture
Sep 4, 2011
Australia
Parrots
Scarlet Chested
Ring Necked
Green Cheeked Conures
Bourke
Princess
Yep, birds can get worms just like humans or dogs (although a different type) and it can greatly affect there health and well being.

My father (long time bird keeper) has always told me to worm even a health bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts