You know you're a Parront when...

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Re: You know you are a Parrot owner when

you list yourself as a single parent on your online dating profile because you have fids.

Now do you say single parent or single parront? (You know...just to weed out potential non parrot people) :54:

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
....your boyfriend starts ignoring you because you are talking to the bird and not him 99% of the time.

you spend way more time and money on food for your fid than food for you.

Mysterygirl

Apr 14, 2015
Nor Cal
Parrots
Edgar (Alexandrian), Piper (Indian Ringneck), Eridan (Indian Ringneck)
you go to a bird store to buys toys and come out with another bird.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
When u start greeting people with hello or hi! just like your bird says it (I'm a bartender)

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
You sort your children's craft kit into two, one with bird safe supplies and one with 'the other stuff'.
You suddenly find it much much easier to participate in kids craft when it morphs into bird toy making.
You feel guilt at using half of your children's craft supplies for bird toys, and so the whole lot gets topped up far more often, whether used by you or not.

When you ask your parrot for a kiss out of habit, and the tradesman thinks you're talking to him!

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
When your ramekins see more chop than they do brûlée :O

Roanoke

Oct 30, 2014
Greenville, SC
Parrots
Teeko, GCC [Baby Amazon ETA: August 25th]
You get mad when a friend tells a 'funny story' about how they killed that parakeet they had ages ago.

(I've had this happen to me multiple times.. gosh, how would you like it if i said I accidentally killed my dog and laughed about it? People frustrate me)

SunnyGirl

May 8, 2012
Jesenice, Slowenia, Europe
Parrots
sun conure - Sunny
when you open a door and just say to anyone who is standing there: no, it is not a third boob, it is a parrot and yes, it is a real one and yes, it does live in my shirt...

when you spend 80€ on parrot food but count every little coin when it comes to your own food...

designing how to renovate the house? yes, the bird room will be in here and if I tear down this wall there will be more room and a better view from the very small living room...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
when you open a door and just say to anyone who is standing there: No, it is not a third boob, it is a parrot and yes, it is a real one and yes, it does live in my shirt...

When you spend 80€ on parrot food but count every little coin when it comes to your own food...

Designing how to renovate the house? Yes, the bird room will be in here and if i tear down this wall there will be more room and a better view from the very small living room...

now that is a conure owner!! :d

SunnyGirl

May 8, 2012
Jesenice, Slowenia, Europe
Parrots
sun conure - Sunny
^^ haha yes, yes I am :D :orange:

or the one thing yesterday... situaton: phone rings, my mum answers it, and it was a phone sales guy... ''hello... yeah... uh huh just a moment... (shouting to me) hey, come here and get the chicken from under my shirt, it's trying to eat me again! (to the phone) beep beep beep...'' ahaha he just hung up... well I give this one he title: ''how to to get rid of annoying people on the phone''

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
You've probably already seen this one, but this is still one of my all time favorite pictures of Py...

Most conure owners know the feeling!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Py used to fall asleep at night pressed flat over my heart, and then I'd have to fish him out of my shirt and put him in his happy hut.

He actually slept in a happy hut on my nightstand next to my bed.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Py used to fall asleep at night pressed flat over my heart, and then I'd have to fish him out of my shirt and put him in his happy hut.

He actually slept in a happy hut on my nightstand next to my bed.

I just gave that a real life Awwww! That's too cute Mark!

Does everyone stay put in their cages now?

Next door, my inlaws have a Sulfur Crested Cockatoo. They could add this one:

"You know you're a parront when someone tells you that they were knocking on your locked door for 15 minutes today whilst being invited in".

Turns out the cockatoo is clearer at speaking than I give him credit for!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
... when you text your hubby @ the supermarket to get more food items for the fid, 'cos you don't think you have enough items on the shopping list for him already!

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
when you get dressed in the morning and find yourself putting on socks with holes, and undies that are frayed, but refuse to buy new ones cuz your bird needs more toys and a new rope, and mealworms for the sugar gliders and hedgehog.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
When you have fruit, veggies and nuts in your bathtub...

What! :11: Sorry I have thought about this and I cannot for the life of me think why you have got fruit, veggies and nuts in the tub? Please put me out of my misery and explain why :):):) Should I be keeping mine there too lol :confused:

Most Reactions

Latest posts