May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
โ€ฆwhen your vocabulary is filled with parrot-isms derived from your bird, like โ€œitโ€™s o-cageโ€ and โ€œNone of that beak!โ€
OMG yes!!!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
When you buy shower curtains to hang against the wall where the birds are because youโ€™re tired of scrubbing paint off the wall to get at dried-on chopโ€ฆ

When your half your freezer and both crisper drawers of the fridge are for โ€œfid stuffโ€.

When shouting โ€œHELLOโ€ across the house back and forth to your parrot has almost gotten the police called on you more than once! (Apparently Kirby sounds like an angry man?!)

When you budget for newsprint, because most of the newspapers are digital now so youโ€™ve swapped to buying packaging paper by the poundโ€ฆ

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Once when I had my 3rd foot surgery(I hate my foot surgeries) I met a lady(her daughter was in the same room as me, she got leg surgery), and my mom and I had a whole conversation about random stuff with her, when she randomly mentioned her one daughter having 2 budgies and I immediately got sooo excited! She seems to be knowledgeable about them, as she knows they need toys and natural perches, and she knew her birds' cage was on the smaller side but big enough(not sure how big it was, but I don't think about it anyway)..

She also told me about her friend having 2 budgies, but they are kept on a very small cage with no toys, and covered all day
:( she said she wishes that they'd rather die than suffer like that, and I have to agree with her..

Oh, and I have another one!:

You know you have owned birds for long when people ask you "why do you have so many birds?" when you "only" have 6

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
You know you have owned birds for long when people ask you "why do you have so many birds?" when you "only" have 6
Lol, I know this too...

And when people ask if your birds are loud at night... (I don't know if it is just in Poland - it is the most often asked silly question)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
When you hold off, indefinitely, needed repairs to the house because of the BIRD! Stuff like new floor, refinishing floors and or kitchen cabinets, replacing windows, replacing counter tops, for god's PAINTING, all pushed back.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Feb 20, 2022
When you hold off, indefinitely, needed repairs to the house because of the BIRD! Stuff like new floor, refinishing floors and or kitchen cabinets, replacing windows, replacing counter tops, for god's PAINTING, all pushed back.

Is it wrong that I can relate to this thread already at a grand total of 5 days of parront-hood? ๐Ÿ˜„

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
When your parrot is being naughty and you call them by their whole name instead of the nickname you always use, and they know you mean business.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
When you shout "I LOVE YOU MY CHUFFY-PUFFY CHILDREN! BE GOOD! DON'T K1LL YOURSELVES!" every morning before leaving to school/work, and it concerns your neighbors.

When you are walking through the woods, you pick up an exessive amount of branches to boil and use as perches and toy parts.

"Where did you learn those dance moves?"
"My bird, duh :rolleyes:"

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
When you judge every bird store customer based on how educated they are on birds.

When your definition of โ€œsmartโ€ is having a lot of bird knowledge.

When cleaning the house feels like a chore but cleaning cages feels like a fun activity.

When you refuse to talk to anyone who doesnโ€™t like birds.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
when your parrots are older than some of the members here!
I think your parrots will always be older than SOMEONE here. I mean, new members join almost every day!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
craziest to me is they know what pizza is even if they have never seen a pizza before. They know like yep... that all mine now..... Im' serious never seen a pizza in all their life and yep thats for me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts