You know you’ve had parrrots a long time when…

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
craziest to me is they know what pizza is even if they have never seen a pizza before. They know like yep... that all mine now..... Im' serious never seen a pizza in all their life and yep thats for me.
I add cookies! I've never given mine cookies. My friend dropped of a new to me cookies and my birds swarmed me! They've never even seen them before let alone taste one

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
the best part is when you show say a carrot....and they are like nope..then you take a bite and they are like ok.... lets try out carrot

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
…when your email program accidentally goes to voice-to-text, recording your words and it records something like “good good bird big bird where’s the big bird where’s my big bird pretty bird pretty pretty bird”… and i see that and think “what the heck?!”

Last edited:
OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
When your coworkers are all sharing stories about their kids and you chime in with a story about your birds and are offended if they call your birds 'pets'.
When people meet your bird and say, “why don’t you just have a baby?”.

(Whatever that’s supposed to mean.)

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
When you have dozens of songs made up for your birds, using their names or special words. For example, Willow is on my lap, crunching his beak, and I was singing “crunchy beak” to him, to the tune of jingle bells.

I generally have some personal dignity but with my birds, I do not.

Most Reactions