Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Hello,

Since the recent forum software upgrade, my YouTube video links will no longer produce the embedded video player within the message bodies of my posts. Other forum members don't seem to be experiencing this issue.

My YouTube videos have always been flagged as 'unlisted' because I do not want them publicly searchable from YouTube's website. That's the only thing I can see that may be different about my videos from those of other members who are able to produce the embedded player within their posts.

If in fact the recent software upgrade resulted in no embedding for 'unlisted' YouTube video links, may I ask why this was done? And if that's not what's causing this issue, what else could it be?

I choose not to list my bird videos as publicly searchable on YouTube for security reasons. Is there an administrative option in the forum software that will allow 'unlisted' YouTube video links to call up and display the embedded player within member posts, as was the case before the upgrade? And if there is, what are the chances of getting a forum administrator to enable it?

Thank you

Most Reactions

Latest posts