Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I made a playlist with songs which I associate with my stories and today I started it for the first time - soon after it Zenek sat on my chair like this like he was watching the music videos😅
IMG_20230117_124945.jpg

He was sitting like this almost all playlist - sometimes preening or falling asleep (at the beginnig also chatting a bit).
At the end I think he got bored and started walking on my desktop pausing a song and playing with other random things he found.
And of course he wanted some scritches :)
IMG_20230117_130534.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
He *does* look interested in those videos, Roz! It's amazing sometimes what does get them interested - I was playing a VERY old tune from the 1950s on my laptop today by Little Richard and Val absolutely LOVED it and was singing along a top note!

Oh and if it's scritches that my favourite Polish nephew wants, then it's scritches he will get!! 😍

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
He's this guy. See what Zenek makes of this!!

Oh, I thought it's a name of your fid I haven't heard 😆

Zenek: 0 reaction. It's playing right now and he's at the cage bottom searching for something

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Rozzy, if I had another fid you would certainly know about it!

What a shame Zenek didn't like Little Richard :( He's evidently into the more modern stuff, Val probably likes the older tunes cos I'm old and he lives with me ;)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Oh Rozzy, if I had another fid you would certainly know about it!
I think so, that's why I was confused 😅

Well, I hardly ever turn on older stuff ;) I just checked - the oldest song from the playlist I made is from 1993, all others are younger than me (from 3 to 12 years old) ;)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
First photo ever of all 3 species together!
IMG_20230202_171541.jpg

I was just next to them all the time when they were together fully prepared for possible attack. At the beginning Zenek wanted to attack Rozalka but after separating them using my hand (interesting, Rozalka didn't escape) somehow he calmed down and wanted to make friends
IMG_20230202_171555.jpg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Zenek is so much more bright colored than the two dainty parakeets on the ends of the perch.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
First photo ever of all 3 species together!
View attachment 47329
I was just next to them all the time when they were together fully prepared for possible attack. At the beginning Zenek wanted to attack Rozalka but after separating them using my hand (interesting, Rozalka didn't escape) somehow he calmed down and wanted to make friends
View attachment 47330
There he is, my handsome Polish nephew, being the perfect gentleman with those two beautiful ladies - eventually! How beautiful they all are together!! :love: :love: :love:

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Sad news from my flock.

Recently Angela got sick. The nearest recommended avian vet is in Warsaw and my parents thought it would be silly to go that far to safe a parakeet, so I would have to go by train - but here again - she had troubles with breathing and while we were nearby her, she was so stressed breathing even faster with bigger problems... + it's winter right now, so she could got cold during walking or waiting for a train. Because of it I called nearby vets and to make the situation even more unfortunate - there's just one parrot vet in my town who is on vacation right now:cry:
Finally I tried to contact with an avian vet from Warsaw but... unfortunately...
On one hand I feel terrible because I didn't know how to help her but on another hand... when I saw how she finished I'm not sure if even a vet would help - I think the disease was too advanced and it looks like Angela passed away because of inside bleeding - her beak and nostrils were in blood...

Rest in peace Angela😢
RIP Angela.jpg

She was 6 years old.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh Rozzy, I'm sorry that your beautiful Angela didn't make it :cry: Please don't feel too badly that you weren't able to do more for her - the circumstances were so difficult and I think we all find it easier to blame ourselves when these things happen, no matter how well resourced we might be, I know I do. You did everything you could have done for her and you'd have done so much more if you'd been able to, and Angela could not have had a better parront than you, or a more loving home than the one you gave her. My heart goes out to you tonight Rozz, I'm so very sorry for your loss 💔

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Angela, my Princess Lilly will be waiting to meet you there 🌈💖

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Sad news from my flock.

Recently Angela got sick. The nearest recommended avian vet is in Warsaw and my parents thought it would be silly to go that far to safe a parakeet, so I would have to go by train - but here again - she had troubles with breathing and while we were nearby her, she was so stressed breathing even faster with bigger problems... + it's winter right now, so she could got cold during walking or waiting for a train. Because of it I called nearby vets and to make the situation even more unfortunate - there's just one parrot vet in my town who is on vacation right now:cry:
Finally I tried to contact with an avian vet from Warsaw but... unfortunately...
One one hand I feel terrible because I didn't know how to help her but on another hand... when I saw how she finished I'm not sure if even a vet would help - I think the disease was too advanced and it looks like Angela passed away because of inside bleeding - her beak and nostrils were in blood...

Rest in peace Angela😢
View attachment 47448
She was 6 years old.
I'm late with this, but I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry Roz.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Each time when I hold my phone, Zenek does it:
(I had to take the phone somehow to record the video but my left hand is still in a similar pose to not stop him scratching 😅 )

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Aaaaahhhhh, there he is, my favourite and very handsome Polish nephew, demonstrating the latest in labour-saving devices, the self-scratching parrot!! What a clever boy, and always so cute!! :love:

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I had to leave Zenek for a moment because Rozalka had no idea how to get out behind curtain so I wanted to help her... When I came back Zenek was doing it:
IMG_20230519_110150.jpg

He used the moment to steal a grape 😅

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I had to leave Zenek for a moment because Rozalka had no idea how to get out behind curtain so I wanted to help her... When I came back Zenek was doing it:
View attachment 50613
He used the moment to steal a grape 😅
He's NOT stealing that grape, Rozzy, because like everything else there, it already belongs to him :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts