LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I live just about 85 km from Warsaw so it's not too far 😅
And no, it's not a nice weather here. It's so windy today and the temperature had been higher this spring - right now it's 13 C, so if Google is right about temperature in Brisbane (17C), here's colder ;)
Yes 17C is about right - and I am sitting here with my fluffy slippers and cardigan and blanket and freezing to death!! And it's been raining for 10 days straight which is VERY weird for us, so we're not happy about that either. I'm quite sure you would laugh at us Rozzy but we're DYING over here and it's NO JOKE - ok maybe it's a little bit of a joke, and we do like to moan about the cold here ;)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Yes 17C is about right - and I am sitting here with my fluffy slippers and cardigan and blanket and freezing to death!! And it's been raining for 10 days straight which is VERY weird for us, so we're not happy about that either. I'm quite sure you would laugh at us Rozzy but we're DYING over here and it's NO JOKE - ok maybe it's a little bit of a joke, and we do like to moan about the cold here ;)
I have fluffy slippers rn too! But just because I forgot to change them after winter :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I laughed but I understood you :) You would laugh how we always complain on "high" temperature at summer :)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
In the past I've seen this meme and just refound it:
1653212464103.png

Are they serious about wearing jackets when it's 30C or did they overdo it?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
In the past I've seen this meme and just refound it:
View attachment 40237
Are they serious about wearing jackets when it's 30C or did they overdo it?
Yes that meme seems about right, Rozzy! And i'm sure there are a few residents of cities like Darwin or Cairns who have been known to wear a jacket in 30C, they have been known to drop dead in anything less than 25C up there. I must've dropped dead at *least* 3 times when I lived in Cairns and it got that "cold"! ;)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
That's a very fetching new featherstyle that my favourite Polish niece is sporting there, Rozzy. In fact I think it would make a great official POTM entry too! ;)
Rozalka thanks you.
Wait... so she is your favorite Polish nice? I learnt something new 🤔

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well of course she is Roz! Zenek is my favourite Polish nephew, so naturally Rozalka would therefore be my favourite Polish niece❤️

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwwwww Zenek, you're so cute and perfect, I'd like to come and give you a big scritch myself some day! 💖

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Yes that meme seems about right, Rozzy! And i'm sure there are a few residents of cities like Darwin or Cairns who have been known to wear a jacket in 30C, they have been known to drop dead in anything less than 25C up there. I must've dropped dead at *least* 3 times when I lived in Cairns and it got that "cold"! ;)
Actually the Green Bay news channel runs photos of residents who’ve stepped outdoors in shorts and bare feet in the middle of winter…making 0 C appear balmy.

My roommate would start laying out on our porch as soon as it hit 50f.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Wow Rozzy! You weren't joking about a heavy moult for Zenek - my poor little nephew looks like a pin cushion!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Absolutely I wasn't joking - It's been few weeks! And I still can see his naked skin- it's visible even on this photo😳

Most Reactions