Zupreem Worry

OP
FrancisMom

FrancisMom

Nov 4, 2018
Greensboro, NC
Parrots
U2 - Francis "Francie"
Well, thanks all for your responses. I'm seeing a definite schism in the pellets diet vs. non-pellets diet. I like the balanced diet idea myself. I feed pellets for the vitamin and other nutritional benefits, but also feed fresh fruits and veggies.
My husband and I are re-watching the podcasts from Don Scott at the Chloe Sanctuary, and today's "watch" was about cloacal prolapse. It was an excellent one for my DH to watch. At the end he had a much better understanding of dietary issues. "I think I'll set aside some of my oatmeal in the morning for him to eat." YES!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Well, thanks all for your responses. I'm seeing a definite schism in the pellets diet vs. non-pellets diet. I like the balanced diet idea myself. I feed pellets for the vitamin and other nutritional benefits, but also feed fresh fruits and veggies.
My husband and I are re-watching the podcasts from Don Scott at the Chloe Sanctuary, and today's "watch" was about cloacal prolapse. It was an excellent one for my DH to watch. At the end he had a much better understanding of dietary issues. "I think I'll set aside some of my oatmeal in the morning for him to eat." YES!!

No shortage of opinions, more than one method to healthy and sustainable diet. All my cockatoos with one exception love plain cooked oatmeal served at room temperature.

Ghosted

Oct 17, 2021
Parrots
two parakeets
I'll say this. I used to always buy the same kind of supreem seed/pellet blend. Since 2020 all the bags i've bought off chewy have been absolutely INFESTED with those moths. As of this month I stopped buying zupreem, which sucks because I do like the variety in their seed blends for parakeets.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
My conure has been eating the Zupreem nutblend flavor pellets for about a year now. I've never had any issues with their pellets. My conure loves these pellets. I have tried to give her so many other options with no success.

Most Reactions

Latest posts