a problem, advice needed

katina

Jul 20, 2014
My man and my youngest are coming home sunday, they are big and loud, he's not used to big and loud, couple of my daughters spent sat night the bird was well mannered until they left he went skitzo, flew back to play gym,, then my bed then back to his cage, then he started biting me, he never bites me, now I'm worried cause the guys are so loud. Any advice? Please I'm so worried about stressing out skitz. What can I do to help them intergate together. Maybe it sounds I'm more worried about my bird, well I am, I told them to ingnore the bird till he comes to them but the noise is what has me concerned. I dont want skitz stressed out. Can anyone help?
thanks
katina and skitz:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Skitz was probably the center of attention last weekend and took his displeasure with losing that attention out on you the few times any of my birds have done that, it was because the got too much attention and they either had not had that previously or had little socialization in their previous homes.....

How long have you had your bird? Has it not been socialized with your men? I wouldn't worry about the noise factor.....unless a bird is deaf, it is used to noise or will quickly acclimate to it.....as you've already seen, Skitzo enjoys company but gets upset when the attention stops.....I think I might monitor the stimulation factor and possibly be the one giving the most attention to him, because If/when the men leave, I would still be there for Slitz to interact with.....

With his wild flying around, he was probably looking for the girls & the lost attention.....some of us males are easily stimulated, while others are more discerning and take longer to get spoiled.....

Last edited:

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Well, cannot you just tell them to be NOT so loud? usually people can cooperate if there is a problem like this. :)

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
Birds can sense the emotion that is behind the loudness of people, so as long as the loudness isn't angry outbursts and yelling - your Skitzo should be fine. Normally birds do fine with good, healthy noise, whether it is just the goings on of the day, or human chatter.

My bird will react in various ways to things said - and it's all based on the emotion of the remark... for example, if my husband says something that's a fib, my bird can pick up on that and she remarks "yeah, right!" If she hears someone yelling in anger, she'll say in a scared voice, "aaaahhhhh!"

OP
katina

katina

Jul 20, 2014
4 months, he is now 9 months, my men work where they go state here then this state so we dont see them often, he is not around people enough, just me him and the dog piper. So I know he is under socialized. Thats kinda what worries.
btw he was scared of outside so we have been working on it, we go out everyday now and I sit him on a branch in a small tree but if I back away he gets nervous, if he's done first he just flys to me or if I'm done sooner and I hollar for him and we go back inside, so we did it! Still tho any advice on the best flight suit or what ever is the best to use.
Thanks weco

OP
katina

katina

Jul 20, 2014
No they said theyd try but were talking about big burly guys who thinks nothing is wrong from sitting here and yelling into the other rooms. So I hope they try hard and skitz isnt used to all that

Most Reactions