Apple said "APPLE"

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
Lol! I am so excited about hearing him talk for the first time! Yesterday we had a few errands to take care of which included Dollar Tree (bird toy making) and Petsmart. While at the dollar store I heard him chattering away, I could not make out what he was saying. I started saying "Apple" over and over again, he would tilt his head to the side at first and finally he said "Apple", it was the cutest thing. I had to really put my ear to him but I heard it clearly (as clear as his little raspy voice could be).

I picked up a few small things for him to play with, little fuzzy arts and crafts balls, paper bags, and I couldn't find clothes hangers. I also picked up a couple of balls and treats at Petsmart. :D

Anyway, sorry about the rant but I am in LOVE with him, I can't even imagine not having him anymore. He is my everything next to my son and my husband. :)

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Awwwww...I know EXACTLY how you feel! I feel the same way about our birds, I just love them soo much. Chicken Little, our pied tiel, he's really developing a vocabulary and our conure, Franklin...he's trying to learn some stuff too, especially from our Tiel...It's sooo cute to hear Franklin in his gruff raspy voice say softly...pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty birrrrrrd. :D I absolutely have to try to get it on video it's just too darn cute!

Also when I say to Franklin "I loooovvvveeee youuuuu ***kiss*** Franklin ALWAYS listens then as soon as I say youuuuu...he makes the "kiss" sound...it's soo cute!

I'm soo glad you got Apple...you sound like the perfect match :D Congratulations!

Toni

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
You should be so proud, it's lovely to hear their first word......
Apple is definitely a part of your family.......
Keep on talking, repeating yourself, slowly and clearly, adding new words at a slow pace, you will be amazed how quickly they learn.
When people ask about my family Mishka is always included, he is my third son.
Thanks for sharing

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
Thank you! I know he says other words but it's so hard to understand. I need to post a video.

kobe629

Jul 25, 2011
Parrots
Monte - Queen of Bavaria
Willow - Blue and Gold Macaw
congrats..I remember my QOB first words was step up..I wasn't trying to teach her that she just said it one day..

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
Aaw, I remember the first time Tori talked. He said "Hi Tori!" Which I say to him every time I pass his cage, or approach him to play with him. He was sitting on my shoulder, just hanging out, and I was talking to him and he started saying "Hi Tori!" Over and over. I FLIPPED OUT!:D I was so happy. ^_^

Now he says "Hi Tori" every time he wants attention. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts