Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
My previous entry suit also to this contest but this time it is just for fun:
displayimage.php

And another JFF:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcoPyN2cTE&t=2s"]Petting (POTM February 2020 verson) - YouTube[/ame]

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My previous entry suit also to this contest but this time it is just for fun:
displayimage.php

And another JFF:
Petting (POTM February 2020 verson) - YouTube

I'm so glad you posted this precious pic of Zenek again! That video made my day, that is priceless when he literally lifts your finger for scritches. Are you sure you don't want to use either of these as your entry? They both perfectly fit the theme:)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Found the photo of Julio and I enjoying a bit of afternoon sunshine, one of his favorite activities. Yes, he is one happy Amazon!

ohIRaiq.jpg

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Found the photo of Julio and I enjoying a bit of afternoon sunshine, one of his favorite activities. Yes, he is one happy Amazon!

ohIRaiq.jpg

Oh, look at that smile on his face!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

ohIRaiq.jpg

Steven, I absolutely love this picture! The way you are looking at each other is so filled with love, and so perfectly fits this month's theme of friendship.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
This is my official entry of Zenek:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4AS3VsHWdE"]Petting (POTM August 2020 veeson) - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Roz...Zenek sure loves his Mama! :07: Super cute pics and vids!

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

ohIRaiq.jpg

Steven, I absolutely love this picture! The way you are looking at each other is so filled with love, and so perfectly fits this month's theme of friendship.

One happy Amazon...and loyal servant ;) Awesome picture my friend!

Jim

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
(This is a just-for-fun entry... on the assumption that I can find the photo I really want to submit... otherwise, this one Might need to be official.)

Jefferson and Calliope resting together, exhausted after their first vet visit. (They were both declared 100% healthy!)

24810d1597369034-august-2020-potm-contest-budgies-naptime.jpg

Attachments

• budgies naptime.jpg
    budgies naptime.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwww, what a pair of little cuties, and a bonus clean bill of health, sweet!!

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Okay, here is my Official entry for this month:

My two little budgies, Jefferson and Calliope. Early last year, maybe a few weeks after I first brought them home.

At the beginning, they could not bear to be away from each other... not even by a few inches. The first cage "kit" that I got included one, smallish, hanging wood-n-wire swing. I got a second swing right away, but originally they would only use one. They would both squeeze together onto ONE little swing.

Well at that point I had no clue as to just how tiny young Babies they were. So unfortunately never occurred to photograph their swing-sharing. Not until, one night I came home and realized -- they must've grown. Because they could no longer fit together onto one swing! But, not happy with this situation, they had pulled the TWO swings together. Shoulder to shoulder. They could not both fit one swing anymore - but at that point, they still wanted to stay touching always.

This inseparability I thought so cute, I had to get the photo.

24813d1597423126-august-2020-potm-contest-2budgiesfeb19.jpg

Attachments

• 2BudgiesFeb19.jpg
    2BudgiesFeb19.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

My two little budgies, Jefferson and Calliope. Early last year, maybe a few weeks after I first brought them home.

At the beginning, they could not bear to be away from each other... not even by a few inches. The first cage "kit" that I got included one, smallish, hanging wood-n-wire swing. I got a second swing right away, but originally they would only use one. They would both squeeze together onto ONE little swing.

Well at that point I had no clue as to just how tiny young Babies they were. So unfortunately never occurred to photograph their swing-sharing. Not until, one night I came home and realized -- they must've grown. Because they could no longer fit together onto one swing! But, not happy with this situation, they had pulled the TWO swings together. Shoulder to shoulder. They could not both fit one swing anymore - but at that point, they still wanted to stay touching always.

A lovely friendship, beautifully captured!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
(This is a just-for-fun entry... on the assumption that I can find the photo I really want to submit... otherwise, this one Might need to be official.)

Jefferson and Calliope resting together, exhausted after their first vet visit. (They were both declared 100% healthy!)

24810d1597369034-august-2020-potm-contest-budgies-naptime.jpg

Jen, both of these pictures are so precious! The way they are touching each other in this pic is so heartwarming... it's like after the excitement of the vet visit that just knowing the other is there is all they need.
I'm so happy the vet visit went well!

My heart is now completely melted. The devotion that Jefferson & Calliope feel toward each other is absolutely beautiful. The way that they pulled the two swings together to still touch each other says it all. Love will always find a way:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
What beautiful friendship pics we've been seeing this month! As always, Terr, your themes are amazing and heartfelt! This month has been a crazy one for me, so I wasn't able to check this thread on a daily basis the way I usually would. Which means I was just treated to an explosion of beautiful friendship pics all at once!

Breathtaking!

As a community, you all never cease to impress with your monthly entries! Please keep them coming! I'm loving it!

For my part, here are a few JFF videos from a few years back... when my sons were first building their relationship with Jolly through training. (I waited until I thought they were ready.)

First up is Aidan, who was maybe 6 or 7 in this video. (He's 12 now) Light quality is terrible, but it made this list for the smile at the end.
[ame="https://youtu.be/xmlPY4RdA50"]Million dollar smile! - YouTube[/ame]

And this was a little later, as we extended the range Jolly would respond to him.
[ame="https://youtu.be/qsk6nNVofZ4"]Aidan's training session with Jolly - YouTube[/ame]

This one was high comedy. My younger son, Ryan, is only 4 in this video. (He's 9, now) This was the first time he'd attempted having Jolly fly to him... with hilarious results! "He's close to me!"
[ame="https://youtu.be/lH3ya0w6-8M"]Ry-ry's first training session attempt! - YouTube[/ame]

And Round 2! This one went a little better. Lol!
[ame="https://youtu.be/79UsMHuaRic"]Ry-ry's training session with Jolly, Round 2! - YouTube[/ame]

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

LOL...so sweet Stephan :) I love how Jolly listens to the boys(and you) so well and nice to see that they aren't afraid of him,and vice verse.
I remember awhile back you posted a vid of Jolly flying from your arm to pick up a colored ring (the right color too!) and fly back to you,then go get the next ring and come back.
When I told my brother to watch,his jaw dropped in amazement as Jolly performed flawlessly. Great job on training him. (have I ever mentioned that I just ADORE the faces of Ekkie's? lol)

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Jolly is a joy to watch interacting with your family! Lucky for everyone that you're not (at least at this point) entering this Month's contest! :D

And, you are so correct as Terry's contests draw on one's heartstrings!

This month is already shaping-up to be another difficult one for choosing a favorite. But, there is still time to enter!!!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Meisha and my son,​
. Friends for Life!​
Meisha-and-JM-Field-Landing-v2.png

Disclaimer/Warning:
Outdoor free-flight is a risk of loss from the freedom of a birds choice and dangers from predators.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
That's a really cool picture!
Definitely a risk to free-fly, but you already know that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts