Status
Not open for further replies.

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Here is my favorite photo of Mopar showing a plastic tea cup who's the boss. :)

Attachments

• mopar_playing_8.jpg
    mopar_playing_8.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 339

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I hope you all like it

Photo_Feb_02_12_20_12_PM.jpg

Dang biceps, you sure have some nice birds. Sure you don't need a bird breeder? Send your jet over to pick me up. I'm not cheap but i can be had.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What about "caught in the act"? :D

Gave Pascal an almond while he was on my shoulder(my mistake) and boyfriend looked over to see he gave me a new, natural hair product.. (I ponytailed my hair to AVOID mess, thank you!!) :p
At least he wanted to share his favorite thing(almonds) with me.. :)

Ashley, I LOVE the look on Pascal's face! Too funny:)

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Zookeeper who has worked with many bird species, and owner of a cheeky red-tailed black cockatoo (Ash)
This is a photo of Molly the gang-gang cockatoo going IN FOR THE KILL!

attachment.php

That 'innocent' look she's giving in my signature is all a ruse!

Attachments

• ganggang.jpg
    ganggang.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
This is a photo of Molly the gang-gang cockatoo going IN FOR THE KILL!
That 'innocent' look she's giving in my signature is all a ruse!

I would be absolutely petrified....IF I were a camera lens lololol! Now I have to ask, have you posted photos of Molly in any of your other threads? Don't think I've ever seen a gang-gang cockatoo before! In fact, I think the palm cockatoos are the only black cockatoos I'm familiar with. In your signature, I thought she was one of the smaller birds I don't know a whole lot about.

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Zookeeper who has worked with many bird species, and owner of a cheeky red-tailed black cockatoo (Ash)
I don't think I've posted any pictures of her before, she's a cheeky little devil! She and her mate were actually rescued from an owner who couldn't care for them correctly, as a result they've plucked severely and their primary and tail feathers will never grow back.
But they're still very active and happy. I'll see if I can dig up any pictures of him.

attachment.php

Attachments

• gangganggang.jpg
    gangganggang.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 425

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Ooh! Gang Gangs are so exotic! I heard they usually do poorly and pluck in captivity? Don't they need a special diet or something hard to accommodate?

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Yeah, many people have difficulty keeping gang-gangs well in captivity. To keep them happy and healthy they need a lot of enrichment/activities, lots of native browse to chew up, and plenty of interaction either with a human or a member of their own species.

They don't need a special diet (pellets, fresh fruit and veg and nuts - pretty basic) but they do need to chew a lot.

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
Oh man, I love all these photos so much.
Here is my little acrobat Larry 'Just Hang'n Around' hehe :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140808_171023445_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140808_171023445_HDR.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 147

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Interesting. I looked them up and it says they are more "aviary" birds. Do yours live in an aviary setting or are they pet-quality or tame at all?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wow, terrific photos, everyone!

Mekaisto, thanks for the Gang Gang photos. Molly does have a mischievous look about her.

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Interesting. I looked them up and it says they are more "aviary" birds. Do yours live in an aviary setting or are they pet-quality or tame at all?

These guys lived at the zoo, so technically they were aviary birds, but I've seen people keep them as pets, including my old boss. They make very talkative, cheeky, charming pets, as long as you know how to handle them :)

(I don't want to take over this thread, but feel free to PM me if you have any further questions :) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts