August POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I agree with Strudel about starting your own thread to discuss your birds:) You have an interesting looking flock!

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Zookeeper who has worked with many bird species, and owner of a cheeky red-tailed black cockatoo (Ash)
Haha ok then, I'll see if I can dig up any interesting pictures :)

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
A beautiful blue macaw doing a happy dance :blue1: :p She was a very sweet bird named Lola who is 29 years old!

image.jpg

Jaz27b

Jun 2, 2014
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Elmo - Varied Lorikeet - I miss you every single day
I dont have a birdie anymore, but love taking photos of wild birds and have pics of my lorikeet from before he passed....can I use one of those pics or does it have to be of a Bird you actually have in your life right now?

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I dont have a birdie anymore, but love taking photos of wild birds and have pics of my lorikeet from before he passed....can I use one of those pics or does it have to be of a Bird you actually have in your life right now?

Yes, you absolutely can use one of the photos you took. :)

ShaunaR

Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pixie the White Bellied Caique
"When I grow up I wanna be a tweety-bird!!! "
Here is the princess having her lunch with her sister Paw-la (who takes her clean up job quite seriously!).

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Equal time for Py... even though this may be the better picture... Demitre deserves the credit.

The difference being Py would skate slowly a few feet. Whereas Demitre would get a running start, hop on the thing, and zip all the way across the coffee table, and then fly onto the couch... and do his happy dance. Set it up again, this is FUN!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
If you notice, Demitre's stance is a lot wider, his chest was arched, and his tail feathers are actually bent sideways with the wind, because he was really moving...

Py has his feet together, and is moving at the speed of a snail...

Demitre seemed to try and see how fast he could get the thing to go. He would actually get a running start and then hop on the thing and shoot across the table... He could entertain himself like that for half an hour or more at a time. Just set him down on the coffee table with a little skateboard. Keep picking it up and putting it back for him.

He learned to skateboard by watching Py. Eventually, he chased Py off the board, took it away from him, and the rest was history. :D Conures skateboarding across my living room fell within my definition of normal everyday occurrence...

Last edited:
OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Equal time for Py... even though this may be the better picture... Demitre deserves the credit.

The difference being Py would skate slowly a few feet. Whereas Demitre would get a running start, hop on the thing, and zip all the way across the coffee table, and then fly onto the couch... and do his happy dance. Set it up again, this is FUN!

Great photo, Mark! Please let us know WHICH photo you care to submit for this month's contest. Only 1 photo per member, please, as stated in the very first post. :)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Great photo, Mark! Please let us know WHICH photo you care to submit for this month's contest. Only 1 photo per member, please, as stated in the very first post. :)

Honestly, I don't really care. I'll leave that to the discretion of the board. You pick it. If you want to DQ me, for too many photos, that's fine too. I just wanted to share these two...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Nobody's DQ'ing you, Mark! Lol! Especially not with great pics like those! But the reminder has to be put out there so that we're all on the same page. Know what I mean?

My opinion? Use Py's pic. He may not be the daredevil of the two, but in that pic he definitely wins out for presentation.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Pys pic it is then...

Though Demitre was my skateboarding fool... and my best trick bird ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts