Baaaaaaadest Birdzszszszs!

Chase

Aug 14, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
So I am in the process of adopting a CAG, Charlie (original, right?). Part of the process is to visit with the bird a few times to start to get used to their quirks, and to get them somewhat familiar with you.

Anyways, I handed him an almond, he said "WHOA" then went on his way eating the almond. After enjoying the almond I took him out of his cage, and went into the other room to work on step up, and human interaction in general. While handling him I have the verbal command to step up, he said "okay" and did it. I thought we were doing good. Then I offered him an already shelled walnut. He threw it down as soon as he took it from me. Then he bit me on the finger then flew at my face. Not too bad of a story, but still enough to make me call him a butt and let him know I did not approve of what he did

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Chase, you made me giggle out loudddddddddddddd!

I already put the Rickeybird to bed (it's sundown here) but he heard me and yelled "NO!". Bad bird.

You know what made me laugh? The realization that ANY/ALL parrots can be BADBIRDOFTHEDAY! Well, maybe not Saint Parrot or Salty... but MOST!

Hey, my bird is named RICKEY... I don't judge names!

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Not quite Goofy and RB level bad, but Charlotte is trying her hand (wing?) at this bad bird thing this morning. I had her on my arm this morning, but needed both my hands for a few minutes, so I handed her off to MrC. She was not happy about this turn of events. She looked him dead in the eye with the most petulant look she could muster and pooped all over his feet and the floor to express her displeasure. She knew exactly what she was doing.

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
Hahahahaha, way to go Charlotte :πŸ˜† she's learning the ways of the dark side

CherylCali

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Xander is my most recent terror. If I leave the bird room for even a minute, I come back and have less keys on the keyboard. As soon as I open the door, he takes off with one. At least I can use it as an excuse for my missed letters in my posts.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Is that assault with a weapon or is poop part of the bird and therefore this is just simple assault?

I'm going to construct a Criminal Code for Bad Birds.
Somebody has to take a stand.

So far, I have...

Biting
Aggravated Biting (Blood is drawn, or worse)
Capitol Biting (Medical attention required)
Featherwhipping (Like pistol-whipping, only with... you know)
Property Destruction (Petty, Grand, Civil/Criminal... working all this out)
Food-throwing
Aggravated Food-throwing (Resulting in property damage)
Water-dumping
Food-stealing

This list barely scrapes the surface.

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
I think we need to raise awareness of domestic violence by parrots. I think that police should be called when there has been an assault, and we need a mandatory charge law such that the police press charges even if the victim refuses or is too afraid. Somebody gets locked up. In the cage where he belongs.

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
Xander is my most recent terror. If I leave the bird room for even a minute, I come back and have less keys on the keyboard. As soon as I open the door, he takes off with one. At least I can use it as an excuse for my missed letters in my posts.
Is this a jealousy tactic? Early gets tired of me using the phone. Gets sassy with my phone and when lay the phone down she walks on it and poos

CherylCali

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Absolutely.

And I want a 3-strikes-you're-out clause for spouse-biting. 3 strikes, and you're on a plane to Patagonia.

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
The fact that you extend that invitation to him makes me question your wellness. Oh wait, you're a conure chick too. EarlyBird and RickeyBird. mmmm-hmmm

Parrot people!

Chase

Aug 14, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Well Charlie had an attitude again today. I'm working on step up with him, and I tried to get him to do it in his cage. When I approached the cage he put his head down for a head scratch and when I went to pet him he bit my finger. After getting him out, I was watching tv with him and I pet him with my right hand on his chest and he was not impressed. I had already moved my right hand back and he realized he was on my left hand and he bent over and bit me pretty hard l. So two bites today, but it's ok because he's doing a lot better than he's doing, so progress!

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Charlie appears to have mastered the birdie bait and switch, which is a common tactic among the bad birds. :)

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
(And admins, we need a bad bird icon...maybe a generic parrot wearing a leather jacket and riding a motorcycle)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Like this?
wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture16934-parrot-full0502.png

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
I didn't think I was really going to contribute to this thread, since the pretty chicken and Mango are pretty good. Well, is anyone really surprised that the pretty chicken decided to prove me wrong?

Last night, we were having "adult time" in a completely different room. The pretty chicken decided she was going to "join in" vocally. Needless to say, we were done. It is a bit of a mood killer. Then she started laughing and saying "good chicken".

My "adult" life is over.

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
I didn't think I was really going to contribute to this thread, since the pretty chicken and Mango are pretty good. Well, is anyone really surprised that the pretty chicken decided to prove me wrong?

Last night, we were having "adult time" in a completely different room. The pretty chicken decided she was going to "join in" vocally. Needless to say, we were done. It is a bit of a mood killer. Then she started laughing and saying "good chicken".

My "adult" life is over.
Oh boy πŸ˜‚

CherylCali

Most Reactions