Bathing Age

Jenlynn

Nov 19, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Sun Conure, and Blue Indian Ringneck
I have a 4.5 month old CAG, at what age is it ok to start to bathe them to get them used to water?

OP
Jenlynn

Jenlynn

Nov 19, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Sun Conure, and Blue Indian Ringneck
ok thanks, just wanted to make sure he wouldn't get chilled. I'll make sure its warm and give him a spray mist bath tomorrow then...Hopefully he doesn't hate me for it! haha

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Just make sure your house is nice and warm. :)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Suggest you get the bird used to the sound of spritzing and take him or her in the bathroom when you are showering. This way it is a slow introduction. By the way, many of us dry their bird with a hair dryer.

SunMommy

Nov 6, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Pyro, my new baby sun conure
Suggest you get the bird used to the sound of spritzing and take him or her in the bathroom when you are showering. This way it is a slow introduction. By the way, many of us dry their bird with a hair dryer.

So what exactly is a good age to start getting a bird used to water? I have a 10 week old sun conure and the breeder said to mist him about once a week. I've only had him since Friday and I did get him wet today to clean him. He gets formula on his chest feathers sometimes. Mostly because I am inexperienced and a little messy at the hand feedings. I try to wipe the formula off, but it doesnt all come off. I hate leaving him looking crusty and he isnt that great at cleaning himself. I dont want him to get a chill though. Any advice?

Most Reactions