BIG but healthy amazons!

LilChodi954

Jun 27, 2014
South & Central Florida
Parrots
Lil Chodi - 12 year old Male DYH Amazon
Gizmo - 19 year old Male DYH Amazon
Sasha - 9 year old CAG
Lil' Chodi weighs in at 462 grams per his last vet visit. He likes to go for the Fluffly look most of the time. When he stands up straight he actually looks a little skinny. Here's a few photos. And, NO, we do not normally allow him to eat french fries, however, he does recognize the golden arches and will make his way towards who ever has the fries :)

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm enjoying all these pics of everyone's "hot three" Amazons! Wow, they're ALL so gorgeous.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I just rehomed Echo , YNA male that weighed 800 grams when healthy and 880 when i first got him. Then i have Nitro , YNA male that weighs 800 grams also. There;s some vids on here with him. The DYHs are about 525-570, OWAs at about 380-420, The Pans are like 325 except Baby Girl ,hen Pan who weighs about 280. The male RLA weighs alittle less than the 1/2 doz YNA hens he hangs with, YNA hens 500-600 grams.

880grams?! Thats a whopper of an amazon:eek::eek::eek:

Heck, 800 grams is still....:11:

Now those are some BIG zons. Wish you had pics of those guys!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Lil' Chodi weighs in at 462 grams per his last vet visit. He likes to go for the Fluffly look most of the time. When he stands up straight he actually looks a little skinny. Here's a few photos. And, NO, we do not normally allow him to eat french fries, however, he does recognize the golden arches and will make his way towards who ever has the fries :)

Lil' Chodi is a beautiful DYH. Lots of red on his shoulders. And I think not a one of us is free of the guilt of offering up a french fry on occasion to keep the peace:54: May I ask how he got his name?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I just rehomed Echo , YNA male that weighed 800 grams when healthy and 880 when i first got him. Then i have Nitro , YNA male that weighs 800 grams also. There;s some vids on here with him. The DYHs are about 525-570, OWAs at about 380-420, The Pans are like 325 except Baby Girl ,hen Pan who weighs about 280. The male RLA weighs alittle less than the 1/2 doz YNA hens he hangs with, YNA hens 500-600 grams.

I recently saw an older male YNA at a bird store, who was probably about like Echo. I had to do a double take! The employee said he weighed almost as much as a (probably baby) large macaw! It sure looked like it. He was so unusually large I just couldn't stop staring :52: lol.

LilChodi954

Jun 27, 2014
South & Central Florida
Parrots
Sasha - 9 year old CAG
Lil chodi was a rescue and his name was/is Adelita per the vets file, however he belts out "I love you little chodi" so now that's what we call him. Also we found out after DNA that he is a boy, therefore Adelita just did not seem fitting for him.:)

Last edited:
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Lil chodi was a rescue and his name was/is Adelita per the vets file, however he belts out "I love you little chodi" so now that's what we call him. Also we found out after DNA that he is a boy, therefore Adelita just did not seem fitting for him.:)

Ah. That makes sense that he was a rescue. I just had to wonder how a parrot ended up with that name. How old is he? He looks very healthy!

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Wow, this thread is a real eye opener on just how big the zons can get. Everyone has such beautiful birds.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Boley is 520 grams and a flying machine

uploadfromtaptalk1409799713279.jpg

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
Wow tapatalk let's you attach photos now!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409800047815.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409800047815.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 143

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
So here's another one for youuploadfromtaptalk1409800269770.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409800269770.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409800269770.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 57
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Bosley sure is a handsome boy! Glad you were able to get some pics of him up:)

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
I still have to get a weight on Iris...but she's a pixie. I know she was underweight at her last vet visit -- I think the Ekkie she lived with was eating all the food. She's actually sort of picky, but she's starting to go for some stuff. She likes the seeds inside peppers and dried fruits...she'll never be on the big zon list though...especially now that she's flighted and scoots around the house. :) I hope in time letting her have more control will make her have more confidence. I think a lot of years of living with a bird that she was half afraid of and people who were half afraid of her, might have gotten her a bit neurotic. But she's a peanut. She is a fluffy thing though.

65dab6c8-2208-49d2-b7b7-19aa4ef585f7_zpsa71f5298.jpg

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Aww... Iris may be a "tiny" thing, but she shows the smaller end of the BFA range:)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
This is a cool thread!!!! some biiiig Amazons on here- 800 is huge.. I don't have a amazon, but my avian vet said kenji's a large Congo African grey at 530 grams.

Pnwbirty

Aug 23, 2014
Yea it is a cool thread but my girl is tiny , she has a good appetite at least. I just hope she's not under weight .
I'll find out her weight soon

OHtECb.jpg

LOeCVT.jpg

Jyx1Cu.jpg

Last edited:

BACON

May 18, 2013
Some of these amazons are huge :O YN's leading the way!!! I really want to see what blue is now. She won't have the muscle definition that others have as she rarely flies..... Except when i run up and down with her, hopefully she's not over weight.

As others have mentioned too, some lovely looking birds about :D

LilChodi954

Jun 27, 2014
South & Central Florida
Parrots
Sasha - 9 year old CAG

Ah. That makes sense that he was a rescue. I just had to wonder how a parrot ended up with that name. How old is he? He looks very healthy!

Thanks! He's 9 years old. According to the vet his previous owner took good care of him. :D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Yea it is a cool thread but my girl is tiny , she has a good appetite at least. I just hope she's not under weight .
I'll find out her weight soon

Jyx1Cu.jpg

What a precious sweetheart! What is this lovely ladies name? She is quite a small BFA:11:

Pnwbirty

Aug 23, 2014
Thanks , we haven't decided a name , we recently realized she was a female.
She seems really small but I don't think she's skinny , if she is she will gain real quick .
The other bfa named blue on the first page looks large compared to her.

Sweetheart is right . But only with me so far.

lx8KL1.jpg

Most Reactions