Bird with broken wing

Parootty

Apr 7, 2021
I know this forum is for parrots but I don't know where to ask this question. There is this wild crow that got hit by a car. One of its wing (the right one I think) is broken or fractured. all its feathers are gone except for 3 (which are shredded). it keeps its wing a little away from its body maybe 8cm apart. There is this specific tree that it roams around. I think it can fly a little as it was on the electric towers before. i have left it water, should I bring him to my house or not?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
You could bring him in if he canā€™t fly.
Do you have any birds of your own? I wouldnā€™t bring him in if you have birds of your own, just due to risk of disease.

Can you call a local wildlife rehabber?
You could trap the crow in a cage or box and then call them to come pick it up.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
He must be so scared, my heart hurts for him.
I agree with zERo completely, she covered everything I would have said:)
I hope you're able to help him.

OP
P

Parootty

Apr 7, 2021
You could bring him in if he canā€™t fly.
Do you have any birds of your own? I wouldnā€™t bring him in if you have birds of your own, just due to risk of disease.

Can you call a local wildlife rehabber?
You could trap the crow in a cage or box and then call them to come pick it up.
So He can fly but not very long distances. Yeah, I have cocktails. We actually don't have wildlife rehabbers here. I basically just like water near where it roams. he drank so I will continue doing that.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
So He can fly but not very long distances. Yeah, I have cocktails. We actually don't have wildlife rehabbers here. I basically just like water near where it roams. he drank so I will continue doing that.
I would continue to provide water and you could set out food for him, some mealworms/superworms, or raw eggs, theyā€™ll also eat nuts and wet cat/dog food.
Wash your hands if you come into contact with him too.

Most Reactions