Birdman666's PICTURES

OP
GW.Joe

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"

WO-HOOOO!!!!! AWESOME pictures, Mark!!!! Joe, thank you SO much for doing this for our Birdman (Mark). LOVE the photos.

Awesome pics Mark :D Thanks Joe for getting them on here :) looking forward to more, along with your great stories

Aww, Thanks Wendy, Thanks Julie ! I just STOLE That funny GIF, LOL, Very Funny !! I really only did it cause I want to see the pictures of all the Macs in the tree AND Mark with FOUR big Macs on his arms

You know me, I got a Photoshop thing all ready for Mark "The SUPER Birdman" (fade to Mark being Flown off by Giant Macaws)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2m45TLVKRs"]BIRMAD Cartoon Intro - YouTube[/ame]

BTW Mark, Here is a direct link to the Album, you can click on the "BB code" below the picture and copy buffer it, Then Paste it in a post to be seen by others

After we fill the album up maybe it can be moved to your albums?

http://www.parrotforums.com/members/gw-joe-albums-birdman666-s-album.html

Also that one picture of you lovin the Mac is really touching, anyone who looks at it can feel your joy, GREAT Pic Man!!

Thanks Mark ! (as Joe taps foot in anticipation of getting more pictures) :D

Joe

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
You're so tech savvy Joe! :)
I used to TRY to keep up, but things just progress so fast that I just have no idea anymore :52:.

It's hard unless you follow new technology as closely as if it were a hobby, otherwise you can get left in the dust before you know it.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Wonderful pictures!!!!

How true that macaws know if you can handle them or not....Just like what I did at the bird fair when I got the macaws calmed down and was able to hold them within 5 min of working with them. :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I've never held a macaw, but I'm very interested in trying, now. See whether I have this macaw gene or no. Lol!

OP
GW.Joe

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
OP
GW.Joe

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
I've never held a macaw, but I'm very interested in trying, now. See whether I have this macaw gene or no. Lol!

I bet you do have it, because if you are interested in trying, then your Macaw gene is calling !!

Where you are in NJ there are Macaws all around you!!
Get out there and Hold a Macaw !!
Heck you are only about 60 miles from me !!

My daughter Rissa held a Very young baby Macaw for the first time last year, it was a VERY moving experience!!

gw-joe-albums-assorted-pictures-used-posts-picture12141-rissa-macaw-2.jpg

gw-joe-albums-assorted-pictures-used-posts-picture12140-rissa-macaw-1.jpg

You can see her hand in under the baby's wing meeting the other hand that's on top, SHE COULD NOT STOP SMILING ALL DAY :D

Leaving now for my trip YAY !!! Bye Bye People !!:smile015:

Joe

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
OK OK, doing a search of the "the shower incident" isn't doing ME any good !! LOL :confused: Come on Spill the story PLEASE !!

Here you go, Joe. :54: :D

Well, actually what happened was that my dusky was sitting on his shower perch up high, where it wasn't wet, wanting his morning shower...

And there was a perfectly good alternate "human" shower perch under the water, where he wanted to be... (I did myself first, then them.) So, rather than wait any longer, he decided to fly down to the shower perch under the water...

Well, those sharp conure claws made THAT PARTICULAR perch collapse immediately... (Can you say SHRINKAGE?!)

And when it did, he hung on by his beak from the tip of my "man perch" and was flapping his little wings just as hard as he could and trying to "swing" his little legs up to something solid...

SO, YES, AS A MATTER OF FACT I HAVE HAD THAT PARTICULAR PLEASURE, AND THANK GOD IT WAS "ONLY" A CONURE, GIVEN THE OTHER BIRDS THAT HAPPENED TO BE IN THE SHOWER WITH ME THAT DAY! Only it wasn't so much a bite, as it was a little dusky conure holding on for dear life!

Needless to say, it friggin' hurt!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Yep, that's it, Wendy! Just couldn't remember which thread it was in. Speaking on behalf of all men everywhere... OUCH!!!!

OP
GW.Joe

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
OMG.... There's a "mental" Picture !!! Ha Ha Ha..... Never would have Guessed !!

Well at least he wasn't a "Peewee", cause then "The Bird" would have Fallin OFF :D:D:D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

I bet you do have it, because if you are interested in trying, then your Macaw gene is calling !!

Where you are in NJ there are Macaws all around you!!
Get out there and Hold a Macaw !!
Heck you are only about 60 miles from me !!

My daughter Rissa held a Very young baby Macaw for the first time last year, it was a VERY moving experience!!

gw-joe-albums-assorted-pictures-used-posts-picture12141-rissa-macaw-2.jpg

gw-joe-albums-assorted-pictures-used-posts-picture12140-rissa-macaw-1.jpg

You can see her hand in under the baby's wing meeting the other hand that's on top, SHE COULD NOT STOP SMILING ALL DAY :D

Leaving now for my trip YAY !!! Bye Bye People !!:smile015:

Joe

Sweet pics of your daughter with the baby macaw, Joe! Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to the pics and promised video with Simon and Garfunkel! Is your daughter going too?

OP
GW.Joe

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
Thank You Stephen!, Yes the whole family is going, I am shutting down the computer now and walking out the door !! :)

Don't worry will return with Video !!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
What? What? 'Simon and Garfunkel', you say? Who's going to see Simon and Garfunkel???

I've been nursing a deep and abiding love of that pair since I was a kid and first heard 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'. Paul Simon has got to be the best poet of the twentieth century (and never credited for it either :( ) And that sweet, sweet counter tenor of Artie Garfunkel - NO one can sing like him! I had the chance to see them in Sydney a few years ago, but circumstances conspired to stop me from going.

Please show us videos! I will love you forever if you do! :D :D :D

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
Those are wonderful pics! You are the Bird Whisperer! Gorgeous, gorgeous birds

My older sister loved Simon and Garfunkel. They have such beautiful music.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What? What? 'Simon and Garfunkel', you say? Who's going to see Simon and Garfunkel???

I've been nursing a deep and abiding love of that pair since I was a kid and first heard 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'. Paul Simon has got to be the best poet of the twentieth century (and never credited for it either :( ) And that sweet, sweet counter tenor of Artie Garfunkel - NO one can sing like him! I had the chance to see them in Sydney a few years ago, but circumstances conspired to stop me from going.

Please show us videos! I will love you forever if you do! :D :D :D

In case you missed it, this is the 'Simon and Garfunkel' GWJoe is going to see. Somehow, I'm not thinking this pair will be producing *quite* as 'pleasing' or poetic music;)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q40qFFFjFc&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q40qFFFjFc&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thank you for posting that clip April :) I love Simon and Garfunkel!

I have a Garfunkel solo cd called Angel Clare. It was not long after he went solo I believe? My mom had the record album when I was a kid. It's classical singing pretty much (easy listening) not pop, rock, or folk like you'd expect. He has an amazing voice. I also have a few Paul Simon songs in my iTunes.

Can't wait to hear from Joe about the Simon and Garfunkel Macaws!! :red1::red1:

Most Reactions