Birdman666's PICTURES

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Look at his big tongue!

Look at that big beak that contains the tongue lol:eek:

They are all beautiful birds though! Each and every one truly looks like the picture of avian health and they all look so bonded to you. Maggie (thats her name right?) has such pretty colors:) I love red and green parrots!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
gw-joe-albums-birdman666-s-album-picture12145-selfie-1.jpg

:eek: Holy smokes, Mark, your girl is ENORMOUS. What a head on her. :eek:

STUNNING! Both of you. :D

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
WOOO! Your Red front is sharp :) I wish we were neighbors [I have 19 birds ] . We could have the best bird picnics :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
WOOO! Your Red front is sharp :) I wish we were neighbors [I have 19 birds ] . We could have the best bird picnics :)

WOW how do you do it all :)
I have personally always felt a bit maxed out or spread a little thin with more than 3 parrots (I'm not counting the wildish budgies). Maybe one day I'll have four again?? then no more unless hubby takes part more lol

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

I have personally always felt a bit maxed out or spread a little thin with more than 3 parrots (I'm not counting the wildish budgies). Maybe one day I'll have four again?? then no more unless hubby takes part more lol

The rescue... 350 birds... TEN AT A TIME! Eleven more in my living room at home... It becomes second nature after about a month. Part of your daily routine.

Socialize them right and it's LESS work, not more. They entertain each other. The volume of mess is more, and there are a couple more cages to clean, but the mess itself is the same. You're sweeping, mopping and vacuuming everyday, regardless. There's just more of it.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Wonderful pictures!!!!

How true that macaws know if you can handle them or not....Just like what I did at the bird fair when I got the macaws calmed down and was able to hold them within 5 min of working with them. :)

I've been saying it for years. A great many of the folks who get bit by these guys provoke their own bites by acting skittish around them. "Made you jump!"

Don't run and they won't chase you.

Don't jump, and laugh at them, and they won't lunge. They'll laugh.

If you are afraid, it makes them nervous. If they are nervous, the answer is going to be "GET AWAY FROM ME."

NO WHISPERING REQUIRED...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Sweepea is my only store bought bird. The rest were "other people's throw aways." (Except Tusk, he was a confiscated egg...)

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
In case you missed it, this is the 'Simon and Garfunkel' GWJoe is going to see. Somehow, I'm not thinking this pair will be producing *quite* as 'pleasing' or poetic music;)

Sigh. Poor me. Foiled again. :(

I did miss the post about the Simon and Garfunkel Macaws and aren't they just stunning? Excellent names, too. :D

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle

Im lucky my family loves birds too. But not to the degree I do.:p

I get up at 4am [that's how I do it] . They all adjust to the schedule [and are well behaved ]. Except "Pearl" my Goffin :eek:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
4am? God bless you! Lol!

Most Reactions