Cloud is sick :(

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Got any news for us, Shirre???

I hope you'll be able to bring Cloud home today. :) Been thinking about you.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, poor little Lemon, he looks so sad:(
Hopefully his Cloud will be back home today where he can see her:) Any news yet?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Poor Lemon, pouting on his swing:( He probably doesn't realize Cloud is ever coming back... Have you been able to bring her home again yet?

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
No news yet.... I tried calling last night, but forgot they closed early, and just tried calling twice and nobody answered so they must be busy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
You must be on pins and needles, waiting to hear. Hopefully you can get through soon:)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ok, finally got a hold of someone- not much info other than she's still NOT vomiting (YAY!!) and she's still quite active and apparently is now flying around inside the incubator hahaha crazy bird ❤️

I will have more info when the doctor calls me later this morning though. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Sounds like those antibiotics are really doing the trick. I bet you will be free to come get her today for sure. Lemon will be thrilled:)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I know!!! It sounds like she's bouncing back pretty well! PHEW!!! I was pretty scared the other day 😬

Lemon will be glad to have his gf back- he's still being a brat today lol I was going to ask her if I could put lemon with cloud while she recovers so they're not lonely, but we'll see what the dr says...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
At least they will be able to see each other, even if they have to be separated:)
Sounds like the Vet may not want to give her back, with her acting so adorable there.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
HA!!! They can't have her!! Lol

Lemon would be REALLY mad then!! 😱

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BAHAHHAHAH @ Cloud flying around the incubator!!!

WHAT a huge relief!!! And no, Cloud is all Lemon's...I mean yours. :54:

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I know -I was like she's what?? FLYING??? Inside the incubator??? she must be feeling a heck of a lot better!!!!

You guys should've seen the look in her eyes the day I saw her tail bobbing -that sad "mommy I REALLY don't feel good" look :(

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I just got off the phone with the vet office and they said she can come home!!!!!

So I'll be leaving in an hour to go pick her up!

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I am happy to read Cloud is coming home. After reading though the whole thread it brought me pleasure to learn she was recovering so quickly and was doing so well. It was happy to be able to read such a favorable outcome for her!

Now Lemon will be happy as well. Thank you for sharing with us your updates and about Cloud's care.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
YAY!! When I read no more vomiting and "flying in the incubator" lol, I KNEW that meant great news and she was coming home today :D

Lemon will be so thrilled too :D It's a great feeling when a sick bird makes a full recovery.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Well, 2 hours later along with the cost of my arm and leg, Cloud is home!!! Yayyy!!!!!!

Dr said they re-tested and did NOT find any more traces of fungus in her poop, but she will need 1 drop of Clavamox 2x day for 5 days, and then have her poop re-tested in 7-10 days to make sure it's definitely gone.

She also said it was ok to put lemon in with her because he dearly missed her... So they are reunited and happy as can be ❤️

Smoochy-smooch!!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Aww, nice to see the happy couple reunited :). Lemon was worried there for a while!
I'm glad to hear the good news about the infection being gone! This has the happy ending we hoped for Shirre :D

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
That's awesome news Shirre. Welcome home little Cloud. You sure were missed by your little bf. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts