Do you ever catch your bird dreaming?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So, I occasionally catch Kiwi dreaming, but haven't ever had my camera ready to catch him in the act. I did the other day, and it is the cutest photo ever! He will stick his little head up in the air and and sway side to side while making little grunts or squeaky noises. It's time like this that make me forgive him for stomping through my plate because he didn't feel he got enough of my dinner :green:

Do you ever catch your birds dreaming? Do they do anything particularly cute?

Last edited:

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Very cute. My Alex makes these noises that sounds like a quacking duck. Not sure where she gig it from. She also makes a noise like she is blowing bubbles.

I don't think I have ever seen her dreaming though. That is so cute. :D

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I was looking up dreaming and found this thread. Today I was focused, working, the room was quiet, the three dogs were snoring softly. Yes they snore, even synchronized and Buddy was nappying, beak buried in his fluffy back. Myself and the dogs were nowhere near him when all of the sudden he screamed like something was after him and flew off his perch. I jumped, the dogs jumped. I checked on Buddy, nothing around his cage, nothing moved near or around him so I've resolved that he must have been dreaming and had a bad dream. It definitely scared me, lol! He was fine but shaken.

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
Yes I catch my Tiki doing this too. Eyes closed, head tilted upwards, beak clucking and making squeaky noises. The dead giveaway is that he sways and his wings twitch so I know he is in REM sleep. :)

Most Reactions