Does my Green Cheek’s nose look puffy or discolored?

GreenCheek44

Nov 11, 2020
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek: Tango
Budgie: Hopper
Hi! This is Tango my 10week old GCC. I recently noticed his little nose area getting a little more “pinkish” I posted it on another forum and got mixed reviews. Some said it looks fine. Others said it looks like he has a cold. Does anyone have any advice on this? I have NO PROBLEM spending the money to take him to the vet if I HAVE to. I literally just took him to the vet for his first check up about a week ago. So I don’t want to waste money if it’s normal and I’m just over reacting. I lost my previous GCC to a seizure so I’m a little over dramatic with health stuff. I haven’t noticed any other “symptoms” he still eats A LOT, an is very active because we are on our second week together and he’s getting more comfortable.

Attachments

• 62B36A4C-BB72-44DA-B00E-54B8B7FD6A0F.jpg
    62B36A4C-BB72-44DA-B00E-54B8B7FD6A0F.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 79E0B949-D024-4D3F-BC4F-30AD6689B192.jpeg
    79E0B949-D024-4D3F-BC4F-30AD6689B192.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 98

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hello and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new baby. And sorry for your loss, I can imagine that makes you nervous with your new one.

Is the baby fully weaned?

It looks uniformly puffed up... hmmm
I hsve my GCC Ta-dah sitting with me now so I gave her a close look, ill see if she let's me get a picture. But she doesn't have tgst puffed up look to the cere that yours has.

I'm nit sure what to make of yiurs....my first thought is an allergy to something in the diets maybe..?

OP
G

GreenCheek44

Nov 11, 2020
Southern California
Parrots
Birds with allergies? HA! i would have never thought! so far hes only eaten seeds from the breeder and slowly getting used to Harrisons pellets. I did shar a grape with him yesterday. Do you think i should take him in?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I just haven't seen this before.. the cere is hypertrophic......sorry I'm baffled , I don't know how to advise

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Does he rub it?
I googled a bunch of young conure pictures. It seems babies have a more poofy cere than adults conure.. and some of the pictures looked more pink...
To me your babies cere looks uniform inflamed
Could it be some irate to from your hands? Alcohol gel, lotion?
I really trying to think of a cause or if its a baby thing..

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi ! Me , I am super paranoid about anything that appears abnormal on my parrot Salty. Hes a clumsy little guy, and he goes to our Avain Vet so often, the vet even mentioned it last time we were there. I would rather err on the side of caution when it comes to his well-being. If you can handle the $$ aspect, I would say have him checked out, if for nothing else your peace of mind.

OP
G

GreenCheek44

Nov 11, 2020
Southern California
Parrots
I took him in last night! They where able to squeeze him in before they closed. Doc says its possible he just irritated that area either from hitting it on something or maybe just or food got stuck. I purchased anti biotics from him and will give if he starts showing signs of illness

Most Reactions

Latest posts