OP
A

AB93

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus - Theodore (Teddy)
Hatch date Oct 9th 2020
Thanks so much for the warm welcome and handy tips everyone!!
He is officially home!!!!
He vomited twice on the way home along the range, lots of turns and twists but otherwise he did really well.
He is just perfect, been home for an hour and he has already had a nap and is busying himself with preening!
The breeder said they tend to make a fair bit of noise until 8 months of age???
So far he has been quite the chatterbox, whenever you interact he replies in his own way, super cute!

Pictures to come!!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwww, sorry about the vomiting, likely a little motion-sickness and/or anxiety, I've had it happen to one of mine.

Welcome welcome welcome little one, looking forward to pics!!! Any idea of a name yet?

Last edited:
OP
A

AB93

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
Parrots
Hatch date Oct 9th 2020
After dinner tonight I will have to jump on my computer to post some pics!
As for the name.... so hard!!
My top 3 so far are Atticus, Loki and Theodore

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Sad about the car sickness also...ginger didn't work???? I'm for Theodore btw...are we voting on this LOL? So good to have him home eh? You are in Cairns so is he our Australian Eclectus? or other sub-species???? Aussie Eclectus boys are pretty big fellas...so you will need larger perches???

Last edited:
OP
A

AB93

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
Parrots
Hatch date Oct 9th 2020
Theodore was the winner! Teddy for short because he is super snuggly!! Just wants to sit and tuck himself in and is oh so sweet!! Unfortunately he didn't want to try the ginger, so far he has only eaten outside his cage.

In my excitement yesterday I forgot to ask what subspecies (and a bunch of other things haha) I am waiting to hear back from the breeder.

Here he is:
ab93-albums-1st-day-picture23008-theodore-teddy.jpg

ab93-albums-1st-day-picture23007-first-chop.jpg

ab93-albums-1st-day-picture23006-snuggles.jpg

ab93-albums-1st-day-picture22999-20210113-152051.jpg

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Thanks so much for the warm welcome and handy tips everyone!!
He is officially home!!!!
He vomited twice on the way home along the range, lots of turns and twists but otherwise he did really well.
He is just perfect, been home for an hour and he has already had a nap and is busying himself with preening!
The breeder said they tend to make a fair bit of noise until 8 months of age???
So far he has been quite the chatterbox, whenever you interact he replies in his own way, super cute!

Pictures to come!!!

In my experience with birds in general, babies squeak/cry/call a lot, but adults make most of the "noise" in the long run (if you compare babies to adults)

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Theodore was the winner! Teddy for short because he is super snuggly!! Just wants to sit and tuck himself in and is oh so sweet!! Unfortunately he didn't want to try the ginger, so far he has only eaten outside his cage.

In my excitement yesterday I forgot to ask what subspecies (and a bunch of other things haha) I am waiting to hear back from the breeder.

Here he is:

ab93-albums-1st-day-picture23006-snuggles.jpg

ab93-albums-1st-day-picture22999-20210113-152051.jpg
LOL...I just knew he was going to be a cuddly 'Teddy':D. I didn't get the pic....perhaps it's just my old computer as this happens to me at times!:)
ab93-albums-1st-day-picture23007-first-chop.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwwwww, he's beautiful, AB! And you look like a very happy proud mum :) "Teddy" suits him well, such a gorgeous, precious baby!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh my goodness, what a cutie! Baby birds are adorable, but a baby Ekkie... Mmm mmm mmmmmmm! Congratulations :)

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Bah humbug....I can't see him, no photo. This hasn't happened in a year??? Signed out and back in??? Ummmm, any Mod have an idea as to why I can't see Teddy?

OP
A

AB93

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
Parrots
Hatch date Oct 9th 2020
Bah humbug....I can't see him, no photo. This hasn't happened in a year??? Signed out and back in??? Ummmm, any Mod have an idea as to why I can't see Teddy?

I posted a bunch so here is just 1 photo in the hopes that works for you!

OP
A

AB93

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
Parrots
Hatch date Oct 9th 2020
So I tried Google but didn't really get the information I was looking for... we are hanging out on the couch and he loves to sit on my chest but is also adamant he rest his beak on my face? If I move he will just get back in there and continue pressing his beak against my cheek. What does this mean!?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Not sure why you can see AB's photos Debbie. There seems to have been a similar incident back on Laura's thread about Penny, where either Laura or bug_n_flock had incompatible security settings on their phone - or something like that anyway!

Hmm, I am not able to see your photos from my phone.

I'll check security settings
I'm letting everyone see now I think, can you see?

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks

Hope that helps!

As for why Teddy is resting his beak on your face AB, I would be merely speculating. Wanting to be near mama's "beak" for a potential feed? Beaming up at you with total adoration? Probably that last one :)

OP
A

AB93

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
Parrots
Hatch date Oct 9th 2020
Certainly feels sweet!! We did some play time and he scored some treats so now is just contently watching and chatting :)
My heart is so full already!!!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Okay, that beak on the face... I have no idea exactly, but feels to me like a love/bonding kind of thing. BOTH of my Ekkie boys have done it, constantly. It's so cute and endearing, but gets to be a little much sometimes. My Tucker sometimes gets very demanding of it and will grab my nose or lip and pull me back if I try to turn away. Foolish boy. As tuned in as they are to it, I wonder if it's some sort of reading our emotions through vibes or facial temperature? They definitely explore and read so much of the world with their beak, so IDK, but I'll take it. :)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Amazons, as individuals will physically connect in different ways. They're beak deep into the soft, warm skin on our face is a combination of seeking beak warmth and a symbolic warm connection with us. In addition, they will use their beak as a third point of stability, while napping or just hanging-out.

Happy to hear that your developing a strong bonded relationship.

Alembic772

May 13, 2020
Spring Hill, FL
Parrots
Basil - 22yr male SI Eclectus
River - male GCC
Nemo - female BCC - handicapped
Summer - female pineapple gcc
Rainbow - male yellow side gcc
Lando - male black headed caique
Paprika - female SI eclectu
I cannot see the pictures either. He sounds like a real sweetie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

I posted a bunch so here is just 1 photo in the hopes that works for you!

Thanks for trying AB but I still can't see it. :smile014::smile014::smile014::smile040::smile040:

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
So I tried Google but didn't really get the information I was looking for... we are hanging out on the couch and he loves to sit on my chest but is also adamant he rest his beak on my face? If I move he will just get back in there and continue pressing his beak against my cheek. What does this mean!?

He wuvs you :D.

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I cannot see the pictures either. He sounds like a real sweetie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not the only one then. Eh AB, are these photos posted from your phone? If so, perhaps unlocking security as did Laurasea may help???? I'm desperate to see this little munchkin!:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts