Exciting news!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
http://www.parrotforums.com/cockatoos/32581-pinkbirdy-name.html I was in your same shoes last year :) I was getting a baby male from Georgia . Its hard coming up with a male "Pinkbirdy " name :). Heres my thread with male name ideas [it helped me] . I went with Owen ,Brianlinkles helped me. You should hear my male talk !!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
http://www.parrotforums.com/cockatoos/32581-pinkbirdy-name.html I was in your same shoes last year :) I was getting a baby male from Georgia . Its hard coming up with a male "Pinkbirdy " name :). Heres my thread with male name ideas [it helped me] . I went with Owen ,Brianlinkles helped me. You should hear my male talk !!

I like Owen for your male Terri haha it's cute for an RB2. I looked at your older thread - I used to have a Slender Billed Too. She was beautiful and an incredible bird, but exactly like a chimpanzee :52: sadly I rehomed her to someone with an aviary and huge bird dedicated home. She was happy there.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I think Merlin is good :) and like some people said, goes nicely with the other names you have.

OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Its hard coming up with a male "Pinkbirdy " name :).

It really is! I have a whole list of names that would work for a female, but I've been struggling to come up with any names for a male. Ah, those pesky prescribed gender roles & stereotypes. Who's the jerk who decided pink was just for girls anyway? ;) Thank you so much for the link!

OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
pineapple gcc - drago,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Congrats on your new baby!!! LOVE that last picture- "HAH!???" Lol

I think you'll be amazed at how sweet and soft they are once you get your hands on him [emoji6].

Just curious- what made you guys decide on a galah? For us, when my hubby saw videos on YouTube with all the super cuteness, that sealed the deal lol

Welcome to Club Pink!!! [emoji4]

He looks like trouble in that last photo-- like he's ready to take on the world. LOL

I've wanted a cockatoo for a huge chunk of my life and a galah seems to be the perfect fit. Listening to galah owners' experiences and viewing all of those extremely cute videos and photos is what won both of us over, for sure. They're so silly and adorable! :)

OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
pineapple gcc - drago,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Yay !! getting him from VA and driving is GREAT !! So I guess you are visiting?

Yep! I'll be visiting sometime soon. Still working out the details. I can't wait! :)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle

I like Owen for your male Terri haha it's cute for an RB2. I looked at your older thread - I used to have a Slender Billed Too. She was beautiful and an incredible bird, but exactly like a chimpanzee :52: sadly I rehomed her to someone with an aviary and huge bird dedicated home. She was happy there.
I was obsessed at getting a Western slender billed 2 at one time . I bet you she was neat!! :) but after I got my " Pearl monster"
[Goffin Too]. I got my fill of white Toos :eek:

JessieRosie

Mar 25, 2014
London
Parrots
Rose Crowned Conure
So beautiful and adorable!!! I want a cuddle!!!
Merlin does go with the other 2, but l do like Rocket :) sounds like a little ball of fun energy!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

I was obsessed at getting a Western slender billed 2 at one time . I bet you she was neat!! :) but after I got my " Pearl monster"
[Goffin Too]. I got my fill of white Toos :eek:

She was an Eastern Slender Bill. She was incredible. Not Velcro like a normal white too, didn't scream either (had a different sort of noise). SUPER active, otherwise not typical for a white too. More like a monkey who couldn't sit still!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I have a whole list of names that would work for a female, but I've been struggling to come up with any names for a male. Ah, those pesky prescribed gender roles & stereotypes. Who's the jerk who decided pink was just for girls anyway? ;) Thank you so much for the link!

I usually use unisex names. I don't even consciously do it, it just happens that way. Everyone at both vets offices thinks Robin and Raven are girls :(. I'm always saying "HE"... Lol

My mom's Rosy Bourke's is a small, pink, completely unintimidating boy named Pinky. Haha. Kind of girly :D he's cute though.

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
Its hard coming up with a male "Pinkbirdy " name :).

It really is! I have a whole list of names that would work for a female, but I've been struggling to come up with any names for a male. Ah, those pesky prescribed gender roles & stereotypes. Who's the jerk who decided pink was just for girls anyway? ;) Thank you so much for the link!

The lead character in the classic novel Brighton Rock was a man named Pinky... although on the other hand, he was a viscious gangster, so maybe not the best namesake for a galah!

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Ohhhhh myyyyyy. Would you like to adopt me into your flock so I can cuddle up with that cutie?! I LOVE RB2's! I'm absolutely jealous... I'm just going to live vicariously through all of you lucky folk who get one. Please keep updating with lots and lots of photos! I really like the name Merlin, but part of me kinda thinks he's totally going to suit Rocket when he comes home. I think you'll know right away when that little adorable fluff of feathers comes home!

OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
pineapple gcc - drago,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Ohhhhh myyyyyy. Would you like to adopt me into your flock so I can cuddle up with that cutie?! I LOVE RB2's! I'm absolutely jealous... I'm just going to live vicariously through all of you lucky folk who get one. Please keep updating with lots and lots of photos! I really like the name Merlin, but part of me kinda thinks he's totally going to suit Rocket when he comes home. I think you'll know right away when that little adorable fluff of feathers comes home!

That's what I'm thinking too. Something tells me he's going to be quite a handful-- a big pink ball of energy and trouble. I'm sure his personality will show me which name suits him best. I'll post a ton of photos, I promise. :)

OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
pineapple gcc - drago,
blue & gold macaw - mia
I just found out that I'll be able to take him home next weekend! I'm so excited! :)

Brisch

Jul 26, 2012
British Columbia Canada
Parrots
I have a Cinnamon GCC (Honey)
and a BCC (Conrad)AKA Connie
GCC (Jinx)
3x Goffin2 (Liam)(Mya)(Goose)
2x B&G Macaw (Cozzy)(Blue)
2r3f49d.jpg

Maybe call him "Jaws" :p

OP
witchbaby

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
pineapple gcc - drago,
blue & gold macaw - mia

ShaunaR

Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pixie the White Bellied Caique
Wow what a sweet boy! I like Rocket for a name....I suppose a pink boy needs a tough name? These are my favorite parrots aside from Caiques. Congratulations!

Most Reactions

Latest posts