Forgot to wash veggies

psitticine

Dec 23, 2022
Parrots
Chichi (2021 - 2022)
Rainy (current)
I just made my Quakerā€™s chop for the week. I washed all of the veggies except I canā€™t remember if I washed the broccoli. I feel very dumb. The broccoli isnā€™t labeled as organic. But is this something to worry about?

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
No, I wouldnā€™t worry about it. Broccoli isnā€™t on the ā€œ dirty dozenā€ list of produce with the highest pesticide levels, and if itā€™s mixed with other fresh stuff your bird probably isnā€™t eating tons of broccoli every day. You should be ok.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I just made my Quakerā€™s chop for the week. I washed all of the veggies except I canā€™t remember if I washed the broccoli. I feel very dumb. The broccoli isnā€™t labeled as organic. But is this something to worry about?
Some people would probably worry about it but I wouldn't. I wash vegetables more to get any diet off them than to wash off chemicals. I'm not even sure rinsing vegetables would remove chemicals. I doubt chemicals wash off every time it rains. I feed fresh raw broccoli to my budgies almost daily and don't usually wash it and it's not labeled "organic".

Most Reactions