MissyMe

May 9, 2007
Ft Walton Beach, FL
Parrots
Rocky The Cockatiel
Bourbon the Budgie
&
Buzz the Timneh African Grey
G'day All, My name is Karen and I am new to the forums here. I was born and raised in Australia but currently live in Florida, USA with my hubby. I have spent most of my time around birds and parrots in particular. I have spent the last 15 years in OZ breeding and showing budgerigars as well as looking after the pet cockatoo. Here, in the US (i have only been here for 6 months thus far) I have a pet cockatiel called Rocky and a pet budgie called Bourbon. Both are super friends and share a loving cage together. My hubby and I are looking into expanding our little family to also include a larger parrot, in particular we would like an African Grey and will be going to look at one tomorrow that is up for adoption/purchase.

Anyways thats alittle about me. I look forward to getting to know you all in the next coming days, weeks, months and years. Take care now :)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Yeah, new members!!! Always a pleasure to have new people around here ... you won't get the normal warm welcome (as it is a little late here on the East Coast) due to our official "welcome wagon" driver being located in the UK ... it's like 4:50 am there now ... but the next time you log on you will have plenty of warm welcomes and salutations! For now, I will have to do!

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Welcome Karen!!! That's awesome that you're from Australia, I've always wanted to go there! Good luck with your larger parrot search, I think you'll really like this forum!

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Well its 9:27pm here so i will welcome you! lol. I have two cockatiels.. getting 1 or 2 budgies*secret*(jk) on the weekend. I am also planning on getting a BCC(blue crowned conure) aswell as a sennie by december(closer to september actually). Im 15 years old(as you can probably tell by my horrid grammar and chat speak). Tex is right.. alot fo people are probably sleeping now. Incase you didn't know, Peta is the talkative one with the two greys. :D Im from canada.. and i live in canada. Ive always wanted to goto australia.. :D *moving there when im older* oh ya and my name is Meghan. :Ddd and i have 2 cockatiels.. or did i say that already...

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Missy I think the first thing that might really strike you about this forum is that the age of most of the regulars on here is very young (with the exception of Peta ... she's like a 104 or something ... :09: j/k We all love you 'MOM'). I can think of 4 regular members who are under 18 and there is a very good portion of us who fall between the 20-30 age group ... plus we are all a lot of fun to be around ... ESPECIALLY that Tex guy, sometimes he even knows what he is talking about too!

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Welcome to the Forum!!

Have you thought about breeding budgie's again, now that you're in Florida?

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Welcome :) This forum can be a lot of fun...and sometimes there is good information about birds too! Good luck with thr grey search :)

I should probably also add that I am Tex's fiance and mom to Hamlet the sun conure. There is a lot of joking around here cause we are both members, so it would get confusing if you didn't know.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Welcome, to Parrot Forums.

It seems that I'm the chatty one with 2 Greys (thanks Meghan):D Your sure to enjoy yourself here, we all do. Oh and by the way as Official Wedding Planner, your invited to a cyber wedding date to be announced *Tex and Chrisy* :D All birdies welcome.

I'm looking forward to seeing your New Timmie they are beautiful, hmmmmm wonder if hubby will swing to a couple of them. :rolleyes: Anyway welcome and have fun.

Most Reactions

Latest posts