Getting on the highchair

Jaryk

Dec 16, 2013
I am staying with my mother and step-father right now and they have a double yellow headed amazon parrot named Pepe. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can keep him from landing on and chewing up/pooping on my daughters high chair? Is there something I can spray on it or put on it that will keep him off? I know that there are sprays that you can put on furniture to keep your cats from scratching/spraying on them. Is there anything similar for parrots? I know I can't complain about him pooping on and chewing up all the other furniture in the house since it's not my house but I would prefer to not have to worry about if I'm going to accidentally set my daughter in bird poop when I put her in her high chair or worry that I'm going to have to keep replacing the cover. So far he hasn't destroyed the front of the cover but he's already taken the tag off and I know it's only a matter of time before he goes after the rest.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Its hard when they find something they want !! [my Rb2 does the same thing] Hes impossible ! Please don't spray anything [so many things toxic to birds].I wouldn't take the chance . What I would do is put a old sheet or blanket over it when hes out.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Either put the high chair away somewhere pepe can't get to it, or cover it with a bath towel or something.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Most birds hate towels, throw one over the high chair. And as said please don't spray anything, birds have very delicate respiratory systems and you might kill him.

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
You should be able to address this comfortably because it's a hygiene factor and it's her grandchild's cleanliness at stake. I cannot believe she would not feel the same way as you.

Anyway, another option would be if it collapses, fold it, and hide it behind a door or put it in a closet. If that's not possible, put a clean garbage bag over it.

Most Reactions