OP
CherylCali

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
As far as talking goes, she has opened up the flood gates. She's jabbering away today. She's said a lot of things which are utterly a mystery to me, haha. Just chattering. I'm sure I'll learn what she's saying in time.

CherylCali

OP
CherylCali

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
Here she is in all her glory. Not talking a bit. Doing what she does best, eating![ame="https://youtu.be/huewCGFM9Gkhttps://youtu.be/R8G5hhFBKZI"]404 Not Found[/ame]

CherylCali

OP
CherylCali

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
Ok, take two.
[ame="https://youtu.be/huewCGFM9Gk"]EarlyBird eating her apple - YouTube[/ame]

CherylCali

OP
CherylCali

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
Cute little lady. Nice table manners.
As a side note my husband likes to imitate EB when he knows I'll be least amused. Take a bite of food and shake his head slinging it everywhere. When I look shocked he exclaims 'WHAT ?! I learned it from earlybird!!!'

CherylCali

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
We are driven to misbehavior by these birds. Just trying to get a little love. I am sometimes compelled to yell "GAIL" out of the blue in my best and loudest RB voice just to get noticed.

asharpminor

Sep 15, 2016
My GCC has just turned one year. Typical of his rather vain personality, the sole word that he can say is his name, abbreviated. He also calls everyone else 'Papi', and repeats it when he wants attention. So far, no new attempts at any words. Any thoughts on why?

OP
CherylCali

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
My GCC has just turned one year. Typical of his rather vain personality, the sole word that he can say is his name, abbreviated. He also calls everyone else 'Papi', and repeats it when he wants attention. So far, no new attempts at any words. Any thoughts on why?
It really beats the heck out of me. I wish I could say I knew more. EB said not a word yesterday. Then did some mumbling after lights out. What I've been more familiar with is a word here and there over time. She took me by suprise with saying many things all at once. I think one thing that might give her incentive to talk is I try to mimic her sounds , clicks, whistles, and chirps. And we're together for many hours daily, if not all day.

CherylCali

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
Beau boy talks the most when he is being ignored and wants attention. He also talks when he wants something (food, usually). If I am with the birds andno other people around, he talks a lot. I think they know when you want them to talk, and they hold back, because it amuses them!

Most Reactions