Harley has arrived!!!

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
He's magnificent! Looking forward to getting to know him. LOVE HIM already!

Attachments

• Harley001.jpg
    Harley001.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Harley002.jpg
    Harley002.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 184

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
Bluey - Opaline Blue Budgie, Larry - Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Charlie - Samueli Red Tailed Black Cockatoo, Max - Eastern Long Billed Corella
Aww what an amazing bird!! He looks so calm. I am sure he's settling in great. :) Be sure to get some more pics, he looks amazing.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh congrats!!! He looks so cute, have fun with your new baby!! :D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WOW!!! Harley is truly gorgeous! And WOW again! His cage is all decked out so nice for him. :D

How is he settling in????

MANY MANY congrats!!! This will be one awesome love story! No doubt in my mind. :)

OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Thanks! So far he'll take food from our fingers, he'll lick our fingers and hands, and will come onto the top of the cage, but he's not quite ready to step up yet. We had to partly open the top of his cage to get him back inside.

He's been on an all seed diet, but he's already testing out the fresh veggies and fruit! He seems to like the sugar snap peas.

Sarbear

Aug 7, 2013
Parrots
Blue my IRN, Peaches my Lovebird, Tilly & Max my breeder cockatiels, Bell & Benji my baby cockatiels and Mario, Luigi, Lemon, Lady, Cho Cho, Fritz, Cheeky & Daisy my budgies
Wow.....!!!!!! He is absolutely stunning :) I wish you and Harley a lifetime of happiness !!

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Wow...I can't stop looking at his pictures. Harley is beautiful and bigger than I thought he was going to be. Maybe it is simply his beauty that makes him so big in my mind huh?

So he is liking sugar snap peas. That is one of Valentino's favorites. I use them to bribe him to behave. LOL. The peas are the only veggie my rescue Noble macaw Julio will take from my hand. He is bonded to Lupe and does not care for my presence but he will take those little green balls from my hand. I am trying to get Julio to love me though the Sugar Snap Pea feeds. I may never be his favorite but I will do my best to make sure he never has anything to fear from me.

I am looking forward to more pictures and stories of your Harley. You had probably already told me but what size cage did you get for him? I love the color of the cage and how you set it up for him. You are going to be an awesome companion for Harley and he will be an awesome companion for you too.

OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Noble Macaw, I got all four of my cages through Petco, believe it or not. Their living space is 30x30x40, and I paid $210 for each cage.

Harley and I have a lot to learn together. The day he actually trusts me enough to step up will be a day for celebration. I realize it's going to take some time, and I look forward to the day that we achieve that milestone!
My guess is that this guy has spent the majority of his life inside a cage.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Congrats Harley sure is a handsome chap
Love is definitely in the air
Glad he is testing fruit and veggies
Wishing you many years of happiness

Thanks for sharing

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
What a beautiful bird Harley is!!!! Congrats!!!! :)

Most Reactions