Have a question about a grey African

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Ive heard of DNA testing giving the wrong results so really its only birds that have actually laid eggs that you can be absolutely certain with id have thought

That is nonsense - if the test is done correctly DNA is supereasy and 100% reliable.
the only way things go wrong if several birds are tested in one go and the person handling the feathers did not wash their hands in between - so the tests are contaminated.

I live alone and I have a CAG from day one, she is a one person bird without question .

Your bird really did not have a choice ... ;)
(mine do not either - also live alone, but I keep trying to socialize them anyway and it works)

==

African greys are like other parrots in that they can "move house" and rebond with another human without a problem or with huge amounts of problems...
it al depends (on the bird, the human, the reason and the way of the move).

All I was saying in this case (grey in love): you really must make a choice, are you to become "the significant other" or "just another flockmember".
Both are fine, but choose! For the birds sake.
:)

IMO from reading this site and owning a 22 mo Cag, it's up to the bird more than the human.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
IMO from reading this site and owning a 22 mo Cag, it's up to the bird more than the human.

ROFL, you really made me laugh .... and you are probably right ;)
in that we try to direct them, but the bird seems to have the final-vote, always.

Most Reactions