help please new

Jmonkey1708

Apr 17, 2013
Parrots
Pepe-Mexican red headed amazon
Can anyone tell me the difference between friends and contacts on here please?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
They're the same as having regular friends/contacts on any of the social media sites, but I don't think you receive any benefits from accepting/designating contacts and/or friends.....

Personally, I don't have the time to keep up with all of these social media contact annoyances (at least to me).....heck, I don't twitter or text on my phone, I had that service turned off on all company phones or other phones I pay for...if it's important, call me & I do international construction and consulting.....

Several people have invited me to be on their friends/contact lists, but since this forum is only set up to ignore or refuse the request, I simply don't answer the requests.....thinking about it I guess I could message them & explain my views on the topic.....maybe one of our SUPER MODERATORS will weigh in on this topic.....we're an uptown forum, we rate SUPER MODERATORS rather than measly little old moderators & I guess they can fix anything, because management equips them with wrenches, though I had to look at them kind of close when I first saw them.....

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
We merely use the tools we have at our disposal, what you're addressing is a vBulletin feature/function that we really don't have any control over, it's built into the software. It could be "turned off" but not for an individual, it would affect everyone. The "levels" given to the Mods is also programed into vBulletin, no one here came up with that.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
they're the same as having regular friends/contacts on any of the social media sites, but i don't think you receive any benefits from accepting/designating contacts and/or friends.....

Personally, i don't have the time to keep up with all of these social media contact annoyances (at least to me).....heck, i don't twitter or text on my phone, i had that service turned off on all company phones or other phones i pay for...if it's important, call me & i do international construction and consulting.....

Several people have invited me to be on their friends/contact lists, but since this forum is only set up to ignore or refuse the request, i simply don't answer the requests.....thinking about it i guess i could message them & explain my views on the topic.....maybe one of our super moderators will weigh in on this topic.....we're an uptown forum, we rate super moderators rather than measly little old moderators & i guess they can fix anything, because management equips them with wrenches, though i had to look at them kind of close when i first saw them.....

say what????

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
To the Question at hand!

You can add anyone as a contact, I guess to help find someone you may wish to message or find posts from without having to remember handle?

When you friend someone a request is sent to that person to accept, if accepted you show up on each others friends list. I'm not sure if there is any other advantage. As Wharfrat said it's just part of the software package.

People come and go on the message boards, it is handy sometimes to have a contact/friend list because if they drop out for a while you can send them a message that is usually bounced to their registered email address.

Most Reactions