Hi everyone

GailC

Oct 5, 2017
Hello. I recently became a budgie owner after more than a decade of being birdless.
I started with two budgies but they didn't get along so one had to go back to the pet store. Now I have a stress free but lonely girl, hopefully I will be able to tame her in time.

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Hi Gail and welcome :) hope you are well.

Your budgie wont be lonely :) get her some toys and spend some time with her, you both will be fine.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Gails and Abigils unite!

I love budgies. I can't wait to hear about your adventures together! Congratulations.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Budgies are very smart and are capable of learning many trick and even speaking - it's just a matter of training and persistence and being consistent.

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
Welcome to the family! Budgies are amazing little parrots, capable of so much more than people often realize. Make sure to check out the general information sub-forum, it has some topics specifically for helping to build a bond with your bird while minimizing the stress.

With a little love, patience and persistence you will have a fantastic bond before you know it.

OP
GailC

GailC

Oct 5, 2017
Oh yes, I've had a budgie before and he was wonderful. Very friendly with anyone and talked up a storm. Unfortunately I didn't know how bad a all seed diet could be and I lost him a 3 years of age.

Luna started eating pellets within a week of getting her. I'm still working on veggies, so far all she will try is wild rice and parsley.

We started training today. After just a couple 10 minutes sessions, I had her eating millet from my fingers but my hand was outside the cage. She even touched my finger with her beak a few times before jumping back and looking at me to see how I reacted. Such a funny little thing.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forums, Gail and Luna! Enjoy your adventures together and please share stories and photos. Lots of budgie lovers here, make yourselves at home.

Most Reactions