How much did you pay for your GCC?

darkling

Apr 13, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
RIP Pi - Sun Conure 02/06/11 - 09/10/11
Mira, that is really great of you to take in those birds! I have a friend who goes to the pound and only ever adopts dogs over 7 years of age. She says that she may not have them long but their final months/years will be the best of their lives. It always makes me cry to see all the photos of the dogs she's saved over the years.

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
The breeder I got Alex from (He's a Jendaya) had some GCC for around $150-$250AUD depending on colour. They were beautiful little guys!

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
I paid 300 for rexx my cinnamon gcc.
But on eBay classifieds iv seen babies for 120 in the mutations and 80 on avarge for the normal colored.

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
I paid 300 for rexx my cinnamon gcc.
But on eBay classifieds iv seen babies for 120 in the mutations and 80 on avarge for the normal colored.
80!? Wow! I wish I could find one for that much.... the cheapest I can find anywhere is 125.

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
$100, from a "breeder" off craigslist.
Was basically just some guy who had a pair that hatched an egg.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I saw an ad the other day for handfed normal GCCs for $80

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
Told ya. I see it all the time. There was a sale at petco one day. The gcc were 99 dollars.
I was gonna get one but decided no to :(

Mira

May 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Kouki- CAG, Wasabi- WBC
Mira, good on your for saving the birds.

Mira, that is really great of you to take in those birds! I have a friend who goes to the pound and only ever adopts dogs over 7 years of age. She says that she may not have them long but their final months/years will be the best of their lives. It always makes me cry to see all the photos of the dogs she's saved over the years.

Thank you both!

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
The cheapest one I could find around here is $125 on Craigslist.... Im not sure if they are a breeder or this is a one time thing but they havent responded to my email (that I sent about a week ago!!) The cheapest conure from a breeder I could find is $325 :(

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
Something you have to consider is while money is a huge factor in owning a pet... the right pet might cost you a pretty penny so don't be surprised at the price if you come across the perfect friend. there were a lot of conures for 100-175 at the place I got Lucy from, but I fell in love with her, and her price tag didn't even factor into me choosing her.

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Something you have to consider is while money is a huge factor in owning a pet... the right pet might cost you a pretty penny so don't be surprised at the price if you come across the perfect friend. there were a lot of conures for 100-175 at the place I got Lucy from, but I fell in love with her, and her price tag didn't even factor into me choosing her.

Yeah..... Ooooo Im going to Virginia Beach in June and I might visit Pet Paradise :)

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
DO IT! You should totally let me know when you're coming down this way! maybe we could meet up at pet paradise! :D

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
DO IT! You should totally let me know when you're coming down this way! maybe we could meet up at pet paradise! :D
Haha that'd be cool :))) But my mom said if we go to Pet Paradise we cant go to Bird Paradise and vice versa :(

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
I love Pet Paradise so much. It's full of good knowledgeable people. You can look them up on Facebook :) I'm so happy I went to them, they've answered every single question I've had :)

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
I did they look awesome :)
I hope that my mom lets me go!!! I told her what its called and she said she doesnt want to go to a "pet store" because they dont have knowledge about all the animals. Pshh doesnt sound like Pet Paradise from what you said.

I think I am going to pay 150 for my baby. I am probably going here: About Us

Karighan

Jun 3, 2011
Louisiana
Parrots
Green-Cheeked Conure.
Locally, there are several breeders. The GCC I'm picking up Monday is $100, from one of the other breeders, 200$ with a three year health guarantee.

Mira

May 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Kouki- CAG, Wasabi- WBC
Just saw a GCC on kijiji for $100. 6 month old, normal green, tame, male, comes with a 4 month old 4' x 5' x 6' cage. Now that's a deal! Talked to the owner, she seems legit.

Y'all should come to Canada to get your GCC's. They're really cheap here (I wish I could say the same with other birds).

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Just saw a GCC on kijiji for $100. 6 month old, normal green, tame, male, comes with a 4 month old 4' x 5' x 6' cage. Now that's a deal! Talked to the owner, she seems legit.

Y'all should come to Canada to get your GCC's. They're really cheap here (I wish I could say the same with other birds).
OMG i wish.....

Most Reactions