How much did you pay for your GCC?

TVart

Jun 14, 2011
Belgrade, Serbia
Parrots
GCC with no name, for now(Unsexed) ...
I must say that GCC's are very rare here... Unlike the Cockatiels or Budgies...

P.s. My salary is 350 euros - so its not that cheap,actually...

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
I think I am going to get a pineapple for $200. Now I just have to figure out how a 12 year old can get $100 in 2 months :rolleyes:

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I paid $60.00 for my GCC he is 4 month old, His name id Odie.

I think I saw the ad where you got yours, Was yours one of the ones that were on pennswoods for a while? Just curious lol

Respiratory Rob

Jun 18, 2011
Philipsburg, PA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure Pineapple
We got our first Conure yesterday 6/17/11 off of a really nice hobby breeder in York Pa, hand tame, never even tried to nip at all. $70.00, our stores around me want 399 for a Pineapple Green Cheek that sits in a cage all day with people poking fingers at it. Think I found a pretty awesome deal... First time parrot owner, loving every second of it...

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
I'm either going to get a pineapple, normal or cinnamon turquoise, and any one I get would be $200.

Last edited:

kksdad

Jun 1, 2011
Virginia
Parrots
African Grey
Budgie
Cockatiel
Hahns Macaw
Our turquoise was $500. The same breeder charges $325 for yellow sided and $450 for pineapples.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Well, I don't feel so bad then, we paid 399.99 plus tax...so approximately $420.00 USD for our YSGCC...but I said also...he is TOTALLY worth every penny.

It's not the price you pay, but the enjoyment they give you....right????

;)

Toni

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure
Well to answer Mira, one of the reasons people buy high price from petshop is because;well me, infact..Cant seem to find a local reputable breeder or shelter. Closest one is Parrots First and to adopt one is a huge fess up with alot of papework and waiting periods and inspections.. which is fine I just have patience. my 2 cents

Cdr_Instigator

Jul 25, 2011
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and to Green Cheek Conures. Yesterday, my wife 4 kids and I went to Trader's Village in Houston and we bought a 2 month old very tamed, lovable GCC for $168.00 at their aparrotscove flee market store. Real kind people that know their birds behind the counter. I thought it was a Great price to pay for a beautiful baby bird, that will now be part of our family..

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
We got our first Conure yesterday 6/17/11 off of a really nice hobby breeder in York Pa, hand tame, never even tried to nip at all. $70.00, our stores around me want 399 for a Pineapple Green Cheek that sits in a cage all day with people poking fingers at it. Think I found a pretty awesome deal... First time parrot owner, loving every second of it...

Kind of surprised me to see this, I am from york and we have been thinking about getting a GCC, could you maybe give me the name of the breeder you got yours from, do they have a website at all?

AngelaB

Jul 19, 2011
Annapolis, MD
Parrots
We have a male yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure and a female Maroon-bellied Conure.
I'm getting my extra-red yellow side GGC on Sunday and I'm paying $275.

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
SB, I really wanted to get my bird from her. She offered I take one but I live 10 hours from her and when she was selling them I wasnt ready to get one :/

DrakeandLola

Jul 26, 2011
Parrots
GCC, PFL
I was lucky to get a GCC and a Peach Faced Love Bird for free from a very nice woman who had more birds than she could handle.

Most Reactions

Latest posts