How much did you pay for your GCC?

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
I did they look awesome :)
I hope that my mom lets me go!!! I told her what its called and she said she doesnt want to go to a "pet store" because they dont have knowledge about all the animals. Pshh doesnt sound like Pet Paradise from what you said.

I think I am going to pay 150 for my baby. I am probably going here: About Us
They don't even CONSIDER selling an animal without knowing EVERYTHING about it, they won't even let it in the store if they aren't confident they can't take care of it properly. If they can't answer your question they won't sell you the animal until they do (and they haven't been able to not answer a question yet from what I've seen) Mama Jean is in charge of the Bird Dept. and she's been at it for over 17 years. They don't get their birds from a mill or mail order, they come from local breeders

tinajane

Jun 4, 2011
amazing so far and melt our hearts...I can't even tell you.The breeder currently is selling normal GCCs for 155.

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Andrea that sounds awesome!!! But change in plans... I went to my feed store yesterday and the lady there has 2 tiels and she is a bird person. She was talking to my mom for a long time and she said that she has a friend that breeds birds. She stopped breeding GCC because they get really stressed when people bring them home or go on vacation.. I cant really have that so I am going to get a tiel at the person's friends and her tiels are only $30 (Cant imagine how cheap her GCC was!!) Shes not in any breeder directorys or anything so im sooo happy that my mom talked to this person :)

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
That's great that you found someone close to you with the bird that you want ^^ I love playing with the baby tiels at pet paradise :) They sound like little raptors when they start playing hard, it's so cuuute!

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Yeah im super happy i found someone!!! The cheapest tiel i've found around here is 100 so i think 70 off is a good deal :)
edit: And I also found a cage!!! Im picking it up sometime this week or next week. I found it on Craigslist. It is this one in green but for $120!!! http://www.birdscomfort.com/santa_cruz_cage.html

Last edited:

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
good! We just bought Lucy a bunch of toys yesterday ^^ Now I'm on the lookout for something big to hang from the ceiling of my bedroom for her to play on outside the cage

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
good! We just bought Lucy a bunch of toys yesterday ^^ Now I'm on the lookout for something big to hang from the ceiling of my bedroom for her to play on outside the cage
Ooo that'd be awesome..... I love hanging playgyms but they are usually $100+ so too pricey for me!!

wibitywab

Jun 4, 2011
Southern California
Parrots
"Kiwi" My Hahn's Macaw and R.I.P. Buddy the GCC-2009 - 2011
I found a breeder with regular GCC for only 125 dollars, and she is very good with the birds, she loves them to death!

ralstonka

Apr 10, 2011
None, CA
Parrots
Cleo & Sunny [Sun Conure Pair]
Opy [Cinnamon Pied Cockatiel]
Ella [RIP - Pearl Cockatiel]
I paid about $200 for my Cinnamon banded male not quite weaned, I think $200 or $250 for my Pineapple female barely weaned or not quite.

I'm asking for my current babies (about 9 weeks old, FULLY weaned, no bands) $200 for Cinnamon colored or $275 for the Pineapple.

It's not a bad deal as Petsmart has a yellow sided for $499, but I did see a deal south of me for a normal colored for $80! Prices in the Phoenix area are crazy. :rainbow1:

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
$90 for a NANDAY!? My petco's nanday are probably not hand fed and they are like 600.

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
holy fuzz! if you think 90 is too much for a Nanday even if he's not exactly the most social bird then maybe you should consider fish! that's a steal darlin!

TVart

Jun 14, 2011
Belgrade, Serbia
Parrots
GCC with no name, for now(Unsexed) ...
80.00 EUR (115.617 USD) hand raised ,two month old baby...

Im from Belgrade, Serbia (Europe - Balkan).

Most Reactions

Latest posts