Howdy from Texas

Texasdawn

Aug 14, 2016
Central Texas
Parrots
2 sibling turquoise green cheek conures, Kiwi and Mango.
Hi! I will be bringing home TWO turquoise green check conures on Friday. I have experience with birds, most recently a Quaker Parrot. When he passed on, I just really missed him. The birds were hand fed, bred and raised by an acquaintance from work. I have been allowed to visit my birds several times since they were just a few days old.

I'm excited to bring these guys (generic term, they are unsexed) but even though I have some experience I thought I might occasionally need advice for TWO birds so I joined.

Since they are unsexed and siblings, I will keep them in separate cages placed close together. They are big cages. I will eventually set up an outdoor aviary for them as well. I have a smaller cage I can use to take them outside one at a time in the meantime.

Anyway, enough about me, time to go read more posts. This place is HUGE and has a ton of useful information.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome!
I LOVE Turquoise GCCs! Congratulations on your two upcoming additions!
I'm really glad you joined us and please be prepared to share alot of pictures..we do love pics here:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello, Welcome and Congratulations! How exciting, looking forward to photos and progress reports!

OP
T

Texasdawn

Aug 14, 2016
Central Texas
Parrots
Thank you for your warm welcome. I wil certainly post pics once I have them home.:)

OP
T

Texasdawn

Aug 14, 2016
Central Texas
Parrots
CherylCali, you are not too far from me, I live in Bastrop County.

Allee, what part of Texas are you in?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you, Kiwi, and Mango!! Very nice that you have begun the bonding process at an early age!! Read on, and feel free to post with any questions!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts