I bet you can guess...

Rorrael

Oct 17, 2013
...that since I'm posting here, I'm new around! So... Hi! I've been poking around this forum since deciding that, for once in my life, I'd get a larger companion bird. That was... oh, some months ago? Been learning all I can and laughing at some of the escapades the larger parrots get up to.

I've owned budgies since I was 5, and recently my oldest pair passed away. :yellow2::greenyellow:(they were nearly 30, apparently! I had no idea, the breeder said they were only 3 or 4 when I bought them.) Since the single, non-bonded budgies had passed years ago, it left our home oddly silent of bird sounds and I realized how much I missed it. Budgies were always my favorite for their little clown attitudes, but I've wanted a larger parrot forever as well.

And now, living with my mother again (who could use a therapy pet and always liked little birds), I've started to more seriously plan and budget for a parrot soon.

Also... hi! Did I miss that part?

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Welcome to the forum! That's quite a life for two budgies! :)

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Welcome! Great to meet you. Even though I don't have any now, I will never get over my love of budgies! My first budgie came into my life when I was 10 :)

Most Reactions