I lost my maggie...my sweet, goofy greenwing

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
You needed to do this.
Obviously we're all going to keep hoping, and we all know there's always going to be that internal glimmer - but no-one is going to want her home as badly as you and Sarah, and no one is going to hurt as much as you and Sarah.
You need to process - to cope.

But just like the others by golly I cried :(

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
How beautiful. Trying hard not to cry at work.

I haven't been here in forever, Mark, so didn't know about this. Now you'll have 3 more people in San Antonio looking up for her.
She'll find her way home.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Even I teared up a bit, and I do not cry often. Mark, your love and dedication to Maggie is obvious. Some way, somehow, she WILL make her way home. When that will be is yet to be determined, but there is no way you'll give up looking and will be there to bring her home when she turns up.

Taprock

Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
Amazingly beautiful and horribly sad all at the same time.

Mark, you are the best of the best. When we come to you not understanding our birds, with hard, humbling and ridiculous questions you have always helped us. Kind words, tough words and just a hint of what might be in our bird's head. After all the help you've been now you need it and it is hard to sit and watch you go through it and not be able to give back. It is hard to see this happen to you who (in my mind) is way up on the pedestal of bird behavior and training. It makes me think of an old saying "There but for the grace of God go I." If it could happen to you it could have been anyone one of us. It's also a caution that unpredictable things can happen no matter how much training you have done.

I'll continue to hope and pray you and Magie find each other. I only wish I could do more.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Mark, I am overwhelmed by your touching ode to Maggie. I am so sorry you AND Maggie are going through a terrible but hopefully temporary separation. There is always hope, and you will never relent from the search. Nor will your friends slacken their support in whatever ways you are comfortable accepting.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Mark, this was a beautiful and touching tribute. I call it a tribute because I refuse to see it as a goodbye. I still believe that you and Maggie will be reunited.

Until then, you will both be in my thoughts and prayers. I know the pain of mourning a deeply bonded bird. I've been there twice. I don't want that for you.

What you and Maggie have is beautiful. And you've been through so much together. I just don't see your story ending like this.

Stay strong, Mark. Just as you have been. And we'll all stay strong with you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Mark, I know in my heart Maggie is trying just as hard to get back to you. I hope she finds her way. My heart is breaking right now. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. *hugs*

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Sorry can't finish all of your text as so full of tears will come back later.

So very very sorry for your pain and hope with all my heart the the person who has her has a conscience and will return her to you.

Moose

Feb 17, 2016
I've only been here a short while, but your devotion and love for Maggie (and hers for you) has inspired me. I'm crying thinking about the pain you must me feeling. It's heart wrenching to lose a family member, almost more so than if they had passed and you had that sense of closure.

When you lose an animal, a companion, and you don't know where they are, or what's going on...it's a new kind of torture. There is hope that she can be found but it's laced with uncertainty and fear. I know that feeling all too well.

From the bottom of my heart, I hope every day that you find your Maggie. I check here every day, hoping for good news. She has to come home.

Giggleagain

Jul 5, 2014
Media
Missouri
Parrots
All my rescues: Pepita, Rocky and Eva, my Quaker Parrots Clover and Sweet Pea, YNA Willie Buttons, and TAG Coca.
I just now found out about this :( I am so heartbroken for you and Maggie! I know how devoted you are to your fids, and I'm sure Maggie feels the same about you - she will do her best to find you again. I will be thinking of you both!

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Oh Mark, this was so beautiful. Like everyone else who has read it, I am in tears and my heart is heavy for the loss you are suffering.

I am a person who struggles with faith. But for your situation, I will never give up hope and I will have faith that you and Maggie WILL be reunited.

My thoughts continue to be with you.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Maggie. I am looking forward to the day when you can tell her all that in person when she comes home. You and Maggie are still in my prayers each night.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Agree with all that has been written here, and adding my hopes and prayers that you are reunited with your feathered-daughter one day.

Last edited:
OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I cleaned house tonight.

I picked up your nest from the floor in my closet, and packed it away in a plastic bag...

I saved it for you.

I'm looking forward to having a mess on the floor in my closet again. It doesn't bother me at all.

Where are you? Who has you? Why haven't they called?

Come home!

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
This made me cry. I am glad you have a place to express yourself and receive so much love and support. You have done everything you can, now it is up to whoever has her.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Hopefully this story will reach whoever has Maggie either by word of mouth or they read it on the internet so it moves them to make that one phone call or send that one email that helps bring Maggie home. With that in mind Im bumping this up as active posts Ive discovered can appear all over the place on the internet when you search for things.

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I am crying the way I cried when I had to leave my flock with my ex... I am so heart broken for you. I keep checking every day hoping to see that Maggie has come home. She is an amazing creature and has truly made your life full of love and fun. I look forward to the day that I sign in and see you reunited.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Goodbye, Maggie. I say this to everyone I meet who is experiencing a loss. It was in a sympathy card when my Mother passed, and it stuck with me. The message was... "May the pain of losing her soon be outweighed by the joy of having had her in your life." Sweet Maggie.

Most Reactions

Latest posts