I'm going to get a conure. :D

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
Well i'm sure a couple of you knew i wanted to get a conure, but then got talked out of not doing it.

Well my brother who's in Wyoming said he went to a bird pet shop and there were green cheeks there along with many other types of birds. He said that out of all of them the green cheek was the quietest and the nicest. Also he's starting to go to a friends friends house and she has a green cheeked conure and he said he LOVES her. I asked him a couple questions about how big they are, if they're funny, or nice and he said they're about as big as a cockatiel, they're funny, and they are nice. :D(of course the nice an funny might depend on how he's brought up)

So he totally changed my mind and when i have enough extra money (and when i talk my dad into letting me get one)i'm going to buy one. :D :D :)

Cheers! :grey::blue1::blue::red:

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
GCCs are great birds. All birds can offer challenges, but GCCs are generally well mannered and adapt well making them a fairly good bird for someone who may not be right for other conures.

ConureLover1990

Jan 6, 2010
McKinney,TX
Parrots
Nala~Female Green Cheeked Conure~

~Skittles~Male Sun Conure~
My first bird was a Green Cheek,they are amazing little birds. You wont be disappointed

Jessica M

Aug 28, 2010
Florida
Parrots
I'm trying to find the right parrot for me
lol same here i have enough money to pay for the bird but not the cage yet so i have to wait.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
I have two conures now, a GCC and a crimson bellied baby. I have cared for a number of other birds as part of a rescue /fostering program. For 21 years I had a cinnamon GCC who started as a nine year old rescue. That bird cuddled, talked well, and rellished time with our entire family and all the other animals in our household. All birds have variations within their general species characteristics but in my opinion a GCC makes as excellent first bird especially as you are living at home and can expect to have a lot of transitions in your life over the next 20 years. Most GCCs handle transition well if socialized from the start. Try hard for a young hand tamed bird so you can begin together if you can. You show that will be a thoughtful owner /parrant by waiting until you can afford a good cage for your new friend.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hello Jessica and welcome to the forum, you might want to go to the "New Members Welcome" part of the forum and introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about you , not required though :)

OP
M

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
I have two conures now, a GCC and a crimson bellied baby. I have cared for a number of other birds as part of a rescue /fostering program. For 21 years I had a cinnamon GCC who started as a nine year old rescue. That bird cuddled, talked well, and rellished time with our entire family and all the other animals in our household. All birds have variations within their general species characteristics but in my opinion a GCC makes as excellent first bird especially as you are living at home and can expect to have a lot of transitions in your life over the next 20 years. Most GCCs handle transition well if socialized from the start. Try hard for a young hand tamed bird so you can begin together if you can. You show that will be a thoughtful owner /parrant by waiting until you can afford a good cage for your new friend.

Thanks for the help! :) Oh btw on the 30th of July I decided to get one and i'll be getting him this Monday! :D

Actually I don't know why I said "when I get the money" I have plenty of money and i'm able to afford him all by myself. Have a good day. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts