I'm sorry to come with bad news

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences, Staysee. The loss of a beloved companion hurts so deeply.

OP
Staysee

Staysee

Sep 13, 2017
UK
Parrots
Patagonian Conure
Late reply, but it's been a few weeks since we got Syds autopsy report back.....they found rubber/plastic in her which likely contained lead. We have no idea what it was, so we chucked away alot of toys to be safe as we are getting a new bird.

They also found that she was infested with worms and if the heavy metal hadn't of killed her then the worms would of anyway, we don't know how she got worms as she was an only bird and hated to go outside on her harness and would stick to me like glue if we went outside and outside was literally out the front door of a first floor flat.

So unfortunately we will never know what caused her death and we will never know what caused her worms either, all I know is that the next bird will be watched like a hawk by me.....I have included a picture of me with my new bird when she was about 5 weeks old, she comes home on the 3rd August

Attachments

• 20180627_124424.jpg
    20180627_124424.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Is that a crimson rosella?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
The autopsy report gives some clues and allows you to remove potential hazards. Hope you can get some better insight into possible causes of the worm infestation.

Congratulations for your female eclectus! Stunningly beautiful birds, you'll get plenty of advice from our ekkie community.

Most Reactions

Latest posts