It's a Girl!

trimblegirls

Dec 30, 2016
Northern CA
Parrots
African Grey: Jasper
Blue and Gold Macaw: Lulu
Eclectus: Pickles
Just got the DNA test back for my Green Cheek. I was going to name it Telly if it was a boy or Tillie if it was a girl. It's a Girl! So Tillie it is. OK so now do I have to worry about egg laying or being egg bound? She loves to sleep in her hut so I don't want to take that out.
trimblegirls-albums-tillie-picture17524-telly-jan-2017.jpg

:green2:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I know little about hens, but while we'e waiting for those who do... you might see if the SEARCH tab turns up some reading material. Good for you, for getting on this so fast!

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
When you have a female yes there is the chance of egg bound but I think it is not all that common. I had a female Senegal for 16 years and she never laid an egg. I have had female Parakeets that have never laid an egg. My moms Parakeet laid eggs like a chicken.

Every bird is different. The hut thing is frowned on. It can cause hormone issues but also they can be a danger to them. People report of birds picking the hut apart and getting caught in the strings. Or they end up eating the fluff. I know my bird loves the hut and I find it very hard to take it away from him. It is up to you keeping it in can cause more harm than good. Take it out and you have a cranky bird that did not sleep well haha.

Most Reactions

Latest posts