NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
just seems so brutal to me

I know what you mean. Sunday I stopped for lunch with some friends at a bar down the street from school and they had boxing on. I was in the middle of eating my fantastically greasy, bleu-cheese & ketchup covered hamburger when I looked up and saw a guy with a really really bloody face. It was plastered all over the big screen tv's. I then put my burger down and completely lost my appetite

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
...its so hard to keep up with these looooong threads :D

Boxing isnt that bad... its that new stuff where there doesn't seem to be rules. i dont know what its called, but they beat the crap out of each other.. knocking teeth out and everything :eek:

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Chi, I think you are talking about "ultimate fighting" not a big fan, the closest I get to watching boxing is when a fight breaks out on the ice while I am watching/playing an ice hockey game ... :18:

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
Or the time Zim tried to take pedros head off? ( just for Tex) trying to bring this thread back to it's original intent

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Or the time Zim tried to take pedros head off? ( just for Tex) trying to bring this thread back to it's original intent

HEY! If Zim hadn't tried to head-butt Pedro that NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!! Really though, I think Pedro felt bad about tossing a 70-something year-old man to the ground!

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
And (just for Crazy) what about the time that sissy A-Rod SLAPPED (like a little girl) the ball out of Derek Lowe's glove ...

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
LOL actually that was before I was an official di hard fan and I thought pedro did best he just kind of side stepped him very good :)

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
LOL actually that was before I was an official di hard fan and I thought pedro did best he just kind of side stepped him very good :)

It really was a side-step, kinda like what a matador does to a bull in a bull-fight ... OLE!

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
This topic just be random.. like talk about whtaever. im at school again by the way. I better go befor ei get a computer violation(no chatforum aloud)

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
ya, i usually have two windows up that way when the teacher turns the corner i can just click the other window and then the other window will go away so you cant see it. :D

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Haha, in my school they've completely given up by this point. I guess by the time you get to grad school they figure they can't do much about it anymore!

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Haha, in my school they've completely given up by this point. I guess by the time you get to grad school they figure they can't do much about it anymore!

*lol* No, that's not how it is ... c'mon now, you know how this works

High School = FREE = very little effort
College = Expensive = More Effort, Less goofing off
GRAD SCHOOL = SELL YOUR SOUL FOR THE MONEY = PUT IN AS MUCH EFFORT AS POSSIBLE (plus that fact that you are an 'adult' by this time and understand what is going on ... )

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
*lol* No, that's not how it is ... c'mon now, you know how this works

High School = FREE = very little effort
College = Expensive = More Effort, Less goofing off
GRAD SCHOOL = SELL YOUR SOUL FOR THE MONEY = PUT IN AS MUCH EFFORT AS POSSIBLE (plus that fact that you are an 'adult' by this time and understand what is going on ... )

hey whats grad school? is that like university?

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Ouch Tex!!! Yea, I'm gonna be almost $400,000 in debt after I graduate...but I figure I should probably be conscious for class, and sometimes the only way to stay awake is to occupy yourself on your laptop! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I make up for it in studying, that's where my amount of effort really kicks in.

Grad school is where you go if you're demented enough to want to torture yourself with more school after college. So I signed on for four more years to become a veterinarian...2010 seems so far away!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'm guessing that would be like our University's here.

Jemma, (daughter) starts college in September, then off to Uni 2 years later. Yep we finish school really early here, she'll only be 16 when she goes to college, :eek:

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Maybe some Canadians can answer this question..but don't they have 13 grades in Canada? So you won't be done with High school until you're 18 or 19? Depending on what time of the year you were born, of course

Most Reactions

Latest posts