It's getting late here on the East Coast

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
hey whats grad school? is that like university?

Meghan,

Basically, when you graduate high school, some people go to college to get a 4 year Bachelor's, after this, some crazy's (like Minzer) go to graduate school where they can get more degrees after their bachelor's, including their Master's and Doctorate (Ph.D., Psy. D, DVM, etc.)

In my opinion (no offense to anyone), in most professions, going to graduate school is pretty much a requirement to get a job. People with Bachelor degrees are a dime a dozen, nothing sets them apart from the others. So basically, for our parents, a Bachelor's degree could get them a pretty good job. But we will need a graduate degree for the same job.

****At least this seems true in Michigan, with our fantastic economy,:rolleyes: but that's for another place and time****

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Meghan,

In my opinion (no offense to anyone), in most professions, going to graduate school is pretty much a requirement to get a job.

Well, at least you would think so. I just graduated with a masters(graduate degree) in Elementary Ed and I am having a hard time finding a job because a lot of schools would rather hire people with Bachelors so that the pay rate is lower :(

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Meghan,

Basically, when you graduate high school, some people go to college to get a 4 year Bachelor's, after this, some crazy's (like Minzer) go to graduate school where they can get more degrees after their bachelor's, including their Master's and Doctorate (Ph.D., Psy. D, DVM, etc.)

In my opinion (no offense to anyone), in most professions, going to graduate school is pretty much a requirement to get a job. People with Bachelor degrees are a dime a dozen, nothing sets them apart from the others. So basically, for our parents, a Bachelor's degree could get them a pretty good job. But we will need a graduate degree for the same job.

****At least this seems true in Michigan, with our fantastic economy,:rolleyes: but that's for another place and time****

And it's getting to a point wher you have to have a whole bunch of letters after your name to even grab anyone's attention. I work with people who have an Associate's Degree (2 years of college) and they think they are hot stuff ... wrong-o!! An Associate's degree, to me, just says that you gave up on a Bachelor's.

Well, at least you would think so. I just graduated with a masters(graduate degree) in Elementary Ed and I am having a hard time finding a job because a lot of schools would rather hire people with Bachelors so that the pay rate is lower :(

You will find one, I know it ... and you will find one soon, actually, hopefully really soon or poor Ham will go hungry ... :eek:

Just kidding ... :D

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
At least people with an Associate's bothered to do something, a lot of my friends didn't bother even trying college, and now they have a new job like every year...I wouldn't like that lifestyle very much.

Tex, I hope you and Christy talk in real life too :p It amuses me that you live in the same house and communicate with each other through a chat forum :D

OP
TexDot33

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
... Tex, I hope you and Christy talk in real life too :p It amuses me that you live in the same house and communicate with each other through a chat forum :D

Picture this ... one sofa, two laptops, two bodies, one sun conure, and 1 chat room ...

No, seriously though, we do communicate really well "in the real world" too!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I can just image it. :18: :18: What I want to know tho' does Ham is inbetween you both on the sofa. :18: :18:

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
Maybe some Canadians can answer this question..but don't they have 13 grades in Canada? So you won't be done with High school until you're 18 or 19? Depending on what time of the year you were born, of course

if you include kindergarten yes 13 grades. i know in ontario they ahve up to grade 13 so it was be 14 years/grades of school. and yes i wont graduate high school until im 18. Some people will graduate when there 17, but since i was held back a year since my birthday is in december (i could be in grade 10 now, im in grade 9 instead, and no i did not fail any grade i just didn't start school till a year later) i graduate whne im 18 years old. But im kinda of happy in a way because ill be one of the first to get my drivers L licence this year!

Most Reactions

Latest posts