paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
well its finished now just a little more paint to remove the paint on the base is fine where it is as she won't be down on the base and plus it will just crumble and come off its self in time

OP
paulhanlon

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Parrots
And theres a picture of the perch
Durham-20120706-00317.jpg

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
It looks great! So what did you end up putting on the perch part for grip?

OP
paulhanlon

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Parrots
Just sanded perch covers only cost me 1.90 for 4 of them theres just a little paint left on it where the welds are but ill use a sander to get that off

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Oh you can't use those covers because when they get wet or damp they trap moisture in between the perch and the cover allowing mold to grow, so please don't use those. Plus they can slip around on the perch.

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
Vet wrap, it works really well.
Thank you cdog your help has being great and its nice to know people like yourself care about helping unsure people like me out i sure can learn a great deal from these forms and im starting to make some good friends aswell

Just be careful of the red colored vet wrap, found out the hard way that the color comes off and onto his feet, which was transferred onto a white chair...yikes! Not sure about the other colors~ i used sisal instead, i used a slip knot

OP
paulhanlon

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Parrots
Oh you can't use those covers because when they get wet or damp they trap moisture in between the perch and the cover allowing mold to grow, so please don't use those. Plus they can slip around on the perch.
No i won't be using it outside for it to get wet and the covers dont slip there on tight my mam is doing the same thing hers have being on 3 weeks now and there fine

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Even bird poop is enough to grow mold on those covers, but in the end the are your birds and I can't control what you do with them but it is a health hazard.

Most Reactions

Latest posts