Kai.

aaron22gibson1991

May 2, 2015
I recently got a new Green Cheek after my last one (ziggy) died unexpectedly. I was just wondering how I can get him to use his water bath I bought. He likes to bath from his small drinking bowl instead. It looks so awkward. Should I just leave him be?

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I'm very sorry for your loss :( Generally birds will figure out a way they prefer, though it's not always as efficient. My IRN loves bathes, but he tends to "drown" himself because he can't do it properly. So I just bring him in the shower with me and let him soak. My conure likes bathing in her drinking bowl, so it gets changed out regularly throughout the day.

If you notice your conure is getting himself soaked enough and having a good bath, then I wouldn't force a new one and I'd just leave him be. Rather, just focus on changing the water so he doesn't bathe in dirty water or drink bath water, haha.

ForteBebe

Apr 22, 2015
Cincinnati
If the bath fits in his cage, maybe you could remove the water bowl and just keep the bath in it? Do it on a day that you can watch him. If he doesn't drink any water I would put the bowl back in.

OP
A

aaron22gibson1991

May 2, 2015
Thanks for the messages guys. I've just decided to leave him with what he likes. Looks like it'll be extra water changes each day for me 😊

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Remember, this will ruin your cage quickly! I have a big dog dish I keep by his play stand. If JoJo starts to go into his drinking bowl, I scoop him out and he finishes in the larger bowl.

OP
A

aaron22gibson1991

May 2, 2015
He doesn't bath in the cage from what I can tell. He seems to only do it when he's on top of it. Just after a bite to eat 😊

Most Reactions

Latest posts