Looking for a new feathered friend

OP
Saravp

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
If theres a specialized pet store near, I'd reconsider! I often see scared birds in pet shops, although I bought my two budgies from a regular one and they are fine. I did have to clip the wings of my first budgie because he kept flying into windows at first (but these budgies were untame, so it takes work and patience!), but I recently bought a tame young caique from a specialized petshop where the owner even trains freeflight with his own birds. He also makes most greencheeks there tame. And the caique I got is the sweetest thing, tame, loves to sit and play with me and even follows me around, which he did from day 2. So see if theres a petstore that specializes in (tame) birds! I had to drive 1,5 hour, but it was worth it!
Yes there is a specialized store but im not sure i want to buy from them as the conditions of the birds available are horrific.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I am looking for a medium sized bird in western australia, preferably near perth but if not, thats ok.
The species that i am looking for are Quakers, green cheeked conures, jenday conures, caiques and other medium sized parrots.
If you know a breeder that sells them or better yet, someone who is rehoming one please let me know.
Hi. Being an Aussie I tend to love Aussie parrots and living in Australia we can source local parrots much more easily, there are so many to choose from.
But it's your choice, try find a breeder I think they're the best place to buy from, if not then try the bird shops in Perth or private sellers on gumtree or Facebook.
But it's best to choose a young bird that chooses you, that steps up onto your hand, accepts a head scratch and doesn't bite. If the bird is like this it will really help with with bonding

ZorroKnowsAll

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Sep 28, 2023
Europe
Parrots
Zorro (my caique)
TequiIa, Blue lagoon, Hibiki and Pumpkin spice (greencheeks, mostly my boyfriend's)
Icarus and Gaia (budgies)
❤️
Yes there is a specialized store but im not sure i want to buy from them as the conditions of the birds available are horrific.
Always depends on the conditions, if its that obvious that the birds are in bad situations obviously stay away from that store! But otherwise its always good to just take a look.

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
Thanks for the suggestion, but as i am planning to free fly them, i need bird that is a bit bigger than a budgie. at least bigger than a cockatiel.
The “best” bird to free flight is the Macaw but there are others, too!

OP
Saravp

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
Hi. Being an Aussie I tend to love Aussie parrots and living in Australia we can source local parrots much more easily, there are so many to choose from.
But it's your choice, try find a breeder I think they're the best place to buy from, if not then try the bird shops in Perth or private sellers on gumtree or Facebook.
But it's best to choose a young bird that chooses you, that steps up onto your hand, accepts a head scratch and doesn't bite. If the bird is like this it will really help with with bonding
Yeah, i am looking on gumtree and facebook frequently

Most Reactions

Latest posts