Looks like I'm adopting an Eclectus............

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
Well I'm glad you decided on the Eclectus, you won't be sorry :D
In the long run he'll probably be a better fit for you.

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
I can completely understand that. Tommy has definitely restricted my flock size. Hope your treatments go well. From the sounds of it, it seems that you and Mac were meant to find each other. Cant wait til you get him and we get to see more pics. And even if he isn't an Amazon, he still happens to be green :D

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Mac's Home coming. We picked up Mac and his belongings this morning. This was a very tear filled day for the previous owner as well as us. I'm thrilled to be giving Mac a loving home, but the thought of the owner having to give Mac up rips my heart out as well. She said that she had thought about changing her mind several times this past week and keeping Mac. But she came to realize that she was doing what she felt was right.

Here is a few pictures of Mac's home coming to wet your appetite. The stand they have for him is HUGE and takes up quite a bit of real estate. I've yet to put his cage together, but she had to take it apart to get it out of the house. So I'm thinking it will as well.

Oooooh one of the pics has my ugly mug in it.

Mike

Last edited:

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Happy you have him with you now. I know it will help a great deal to have his own toys, cage and stand in your home too. Please keep up updated on the story of Mac. It sounds like the previous owner was really attached to him, most likely because of her husband and what happened to him.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
I got Mac's cage all setup, he was thrilled. A pic of the two amigo's hangin out.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 389
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,243
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 495
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 370
OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Mac was sitting on his play stand while I worked on assembling his cage and all the while, was say "Apple", "Coffee", "Watcha Doin". I told him, he was too young for coffee, and I could use a hand putting his cage together if he was really all that interested in what I was doing. But wouldn't you know it, my wife had to help me, he had a head ache hahahahahahaha.

Rosalie I think was actually more excited about getting Mac than I was. She talked to him all the way home, helped assemble his cage. She even took a tooth brush with water and was cleaning around the corners of the cage and places that the previous owners missed. I hope it wasn't my tooth brush though. She even cleaned out his travel cage. What a gal.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
What a nice castle he lives in. How is it going with the meeting of Tiki and Mac so far? Better than Rosie and Cricket I bet.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
What a nice castle he lives in. How is it going with the meeting of Tiki and Mac so far? Better than Rosie and Cricket I bet.

They actually are getting along great so far. But this is the honeymoon phase for both of them. We'll see how they do by the end of the week hahahaha.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Here are some of the other things Mac says "Don't bite me", "Good boy", "Step Up Mac", "It's OK Mac", "Ready for night night", "Thats my good boy", "Are you ok ?" and if I answer him yes, I'm ok, he will respond "That's good", "It's ok Buddy", OK little Buddy" "I'll see you in the morning Mac'errrrr". This bird is one chatty Cathy.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Here is a few Picks of Mac as he was growing up. The first id when he was like 40 days old. The last was when he was like 70 days old and just starting to perch.

Last edited:

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
ok way jealous, but so happy for you!! (get a new tooth brush to be safe!!!)
mac sounds like a 1 in a million find :)

an keep us up dated!!!

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Mac got a bath this morning. His previous owner said that she hadn't noticed him take a bath for a few weeks. But I think it has been a lot longer than that. His feathers were looking kind of matted and a little dull.

So he got to take a shower with me this morning. He didn't like the mist bottle and liked the shower even less, but at least it was quick and relatively painless, but you wouldn't have known that by the way he was carrying on. He started squawking and screaming like a girl, I'm mean like a girl, in a girls voice. It was hysterical.

I told Mac, that this was going to hurt me more than it was him, but I'm not so sure that was true hahahahaha. I think it was just the indignation of it all. But he got soaked. It sure knocked some of the road dust off anyway.

Mike

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 174

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
LOL, he looks pi**ed! I don't know about ekkies, but an w/ a amazon I would be afraid of paybacks. My guy hasnt had a bath for a couple of weeks also, so I'm going to be the bad guy again.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lmao mike!!! an awww well they need the baths! an yes he does look a tad miffed, an not far from plotting revenge :) as merlin says lol

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Mac is NOT happy with his dad, you dented his big guy image and made him scream like a girl. And to add to his embarrasment, you took a picture, and posted it on this forum. Ooops!
You know what they say "payback is a b***h" Watch out LOL

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Mac is NOT happy with his dad, you dented his big guy image and made him scream like a girl. And to add to his embarrasment, you took a picture, and posted it on this forum. Ooops!
You know what they say "payback is a b***h" Watch out LOL

I know, that's what I'm afraid of. I could see him planning and plotting afterward. I put him on his play stand and he immediately took his food/snack dish and pulled it out of the holder and through it and contents on the floor. He then climbed half way down his play stand and looked at the dish and then at us wondering why we weren't running over and cleaning up the mess and replacing his bowl.

I let it set there for a good two hours before cleaning it up and putting the bowl back in it's holder. hahahahahaha

Most Reactions