Max!!!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Victoria, I wish I could tell you how beautiful Max is and that I think it would be a match made in heaven since he obviously loves you. I can't tell you that because Jen would accuse me of taking sides and now that she's a mod she can toss me off the forum.

ya know I thought we were friends... you hurt my moderator's feelings... :eek::09:

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
Eeeeek. How can you say no Jenphilly?:). What's one more? You already have Mr. Folger who is a adorable handful. You won't even notice that mooshy Mac. Lol

I can't wait to hear how this turns out. Heehee.

He is beautiful. And you wouldn't kick a fellow bare eyed Too owner off the forums.....right?;)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
it was the angle of the camera... same way it made you look like jabba the huts younger sister... all an optical illusion... he was just stretching his wings

Stop it! You guys are cracking me up :D

HOW in the world do you post quotes from multiple people in ONE reply post :confused:

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Yeah SEE whats one more??? You won't even notice him... he isn't that big! Plus you are getting that amazon and we will have an odd number.... that just can't be.... 12 is a nice even number....

Raven the MQ button next to the Quote one. Just click that on each message you want to quote.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Eeeeek. How can you say no Jenphilly?:). What's one more? You already have Mr. Folger who is a adorable handful. You won't even notice that mooshy Mac. Lol

I can't wait to hear how this turns out. Heehee.

He is beautiful. And you wouldn't kick a fellow bare eyed Too owner off the forums.....right?;)

no, I won't kick a fellow bare eyed Too owner off the forums... least not for just siding with my spoiled bratty daughter.

And its not so much as saying no, as in saying WHERE.... literally, where... Victoria said yesterday at the shelter she almost regrets getting Folger the mac size cage. I said she could try moving him to the tier cage where there is an open cage (where poor, poor, poor Helmet would have went), but she said she would worry about downsizing him. He does not use the whole cage, but he did settle in so easily and this was his second cage since he came home with us. Her crazy bird, I'll totally leave that decision up to her! Can tell you he will be so happy to see here when she gets home this morning. He has been a ball of mass anger since she left. Still taking food nicely from me, but when I do water and food, he just grabs on to whatever he came finds and shakes the life out of it....

it was the angle of the camera... same way it made you look like jabba the huts younger sister... all an optical illusion... he was just stretching his wings

Stop it! You guys are cracking me up :D

HOW in the world do you post quotes from multiple people in ONE reply post :confused:

Stop it?? I thought part of moderator duties was to keep everyone entertained...

The multi quote... click MQ on each message to quote, then at the bottom left of the thread, hit the POST REPLY. That will copy all the quotes into the reply box for you and just bounce between quotes, typing your wonderful, witty and charming responses :)

Don't worry, took me a while to figure it out, was sitting here one night literally yelling at the computer monitor... like it was gonna answer me...

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Sorry, I got to the party late... Very funny thread.

What an adorable Mac. Thanks for sharing the videos and at the risk of being banned, I hope you get him too! ;)

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
SOOOO.....any know of an inexpensive loft bed...thats the best solution I have for putting a cage somewhere! I could actually fit both a new cage and Folgers cage under a loft bed... Or my one stacker cage and Folgers cage or a new cage....haha I can figure this out:32:

If I do get him he will be my last bird until (morbid I know) my little ones start passing away. When looking at future time constraints with that career that has to start at some point I won't have the time in the future for anymore additions if I get Max. I personally think he is the perfect final addition to my flock:D

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
You could always go to ikea and get an inexpensive bunk bed

nice thought if princess would sleep in a twin... has to be a full at least! She is still out looking. Ikea had a full size years ago, we looked at it way back when. When Victoria was a kid, she had the bunk set that could be arranged in several configurations. She had the bunk bed with the bottom bed perpendicular, kinda making a T or L, then in the space under the loft next to the bottom head, she had a couple bookcases and a bean bag for reading. Eventually we put the bottom bed away and she just had the twin loft.... so guess we will be going back to that setup, but just need to find a full or queen... She has a queen set now, so queen would be best, doubt we could smoosh a queen mattress into a full loft frame :)

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
so negotiations have begun in the home....

Victoria puts demands on the table... big butt bird, new loft bed, new mattress cause old one is too big, bird cage (well AHW may help there)....

Byron replies with his demand... new remote control airplane...

Jen... send me on a cruise....

We shall see how things go... negotiations are ongoing...

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Awww! Max obviously adores you. I think it's meant to be. :)

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
What is the minimum inside height you would want for a blue and gold macaw? He will get out often if we do adopt him!

If I get a loft bed he will be the only one under there (along with the stands I'll store there when not in use) so I was looking at cages at least 40 wide by 30 depth.... I know the blue and golds are fairly small compared to some of the other larger guys. Meeting the hyacinth beak in person is interesting especially when it likes to put its ball in the food bowel so you either have to stick your fingers in to dislodge it or half open the food door (if that will actually work!)... he does like peek a boo though...so he is cute in a I can snap your arm in half but look how sweet I look kind of way...

Since I have a cockatoo and 4 tiels which will be roomed in the same space obviously will a air filter and frequent baths/misting of the tiels be enough? Folger actually produces little dust not sure why:54: We plan to be out of this place before winter so I can cage him in a different room soon enough. I know I've read that macaws can have issues with dust though so I want to be sure I won't be doing him a disfavor by potentially adopting the guy.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
from what I read you can NEVER keep a cockatoo and a macaw in the same house... NEVER.... ever.... never...

just saying.... :54::21:

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Go away mother dearest....leave your money though....that will be useful....love you???:D:54::21:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I swear, y'all so crack me up!!!
So, if I can summarize here...Victoria is getting a new bed and Max, Byron is getting a remote control plane, and Jen is paying for everything?
That is right after she brings home Helmut, of course:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Victoria, I wish I could tell you how beautiful Max is and that I think it would be a match made in heaven since he obviously loves you. I can't tell you that because Jen would accuse me of taking sides and now that she's a mod she can toss me off the forum.

ya know I thought we were friends... you hurt my moderator's feelings... :eek::09:

I am so very sorry I hurt any of your feelings, Jen. I fall for all the birds from the shelter when you post photos of them. You're my hero, even if you don't adopt another bird. You do so much for them at the shelter and it makes their lives better every time you visit. I am very happy for the lucky birds that already share your home. And just so you know, I don't really want you to give up your human comforts, couch, bed, table. :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts