More Franklin pictures

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Just because I'm so proud to have this wonderful companion and friend to our family I just HAVE to show him off! He's 3 months and 5 days old. :)

This is his absolute favorite way to sit in our hands, he'll sit like this for hours if we let him. Totally kicked back he usually lulls off to sleep.

And I don't know why, but I'm really into close up photographs right now and he's a great model as he seems to like having his picture taken.

These are taken with a Canon T3.

I have other photo's in my newly updated profile page as well...there are 3 different albums.

Have a great day everyone!

Toni

Last edited:
OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Thank you all so much!

He's such a dear. I know it cracks us up too, how silly it is and comfortable he gets being held like that. He literally steps on our thumb and snuggles right down into our hand.

I do not know how big Green Cheeks get...I was told by the person at the pet store that he's about as big as he's going to get, so they are quite small birds? He's only 3 months old, so I figure he's going to fill out some. I know Sun's are nearly twice as big as Franklin. Maybe he was the "runt" bird...who knows.

Thanks for taking the time to look, I just love showing him off :)

Toni

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Green cheeks are around ten inches from head to end of tail. River is almost 2 months old, and the breeder said he/she will do a lot of filling out over the first 6 months.

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Mine loves to sit like that too! :)

LocoSnooze.jpg

Franklin is is so cute, and tiny too! Congrats, lovely colours.

heismanwatch

Jun 10, 2011
Thank you all so much!

He's such a dear. I know it cracks us up too, how silly it is and comfortable he gets being held like that. He literally steps on our thumb and snuggles right down into our hand.

I do not know how big Green Cheeks get...I was told by the person at the pet store that he's about as big as he's going to get, so they are quite small birds? He's only 3 months old, so I figure he's going to fill out some. I know Sun's are nearly twice as big as Franklin. Maybe he was the "runt" bird...who knows.

Thanks for taking the time to look, I just love showing him off :)

Toni

He's a Green Cheek? Are they typically that colorful?

OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots

He's a Green Cheek? Are they typically that colorful?

Franklin was sold to us as a "Fancy Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure" I've since learned that "fancy" means nothing, and perhaps it's just a ploy to raise the price of these lovely birds, however, we didn't pay any more for him at this particular store then we would have if he was just a regular green cheek.

ADZ - LOVE IT! Franklin often falls asleep this way too. So adorable!

Rio Mom - Thank you for the info, he probably is about full size minus the filling out. However if he stays exactly as his is it's completely fine with me, he's perfect.

I wonder if his color will change much with his first molt...I'm hoping if anything he stays the same or maybe gets a bit brighter.

Thanks everyone for looking,

Have a great day!

Toni

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
OMG...how adorable is that little darling....we will need more pictures...LOL

OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
Thanks so much Rochester and Kitt, he IS a little darling isn't he :D I think his personality is shining through in several of the photo's I've taken of him. I printed 3 of the photo's and have them hung up around our computer. My husband said..."Yep...he's is such a doll."

We are sooo proud to have him, he never fails to make us chuckle every day.

Rochester...the best advice I can give you, is when you decide to pick a bird...handle it BEFORE you bring it home and pick one that you feel comfortable with. It's almost like...let the bird pick you. And you WILL know.

A Sun conure sparked our interest in wanting a conure...and although entertained by him at the pet store, we opted out once we held him, it just didn't seem like the bird for us...when we went back a month later, he was gone, but they had new stock...course we picked one out we liked, but didn't feel any connection...this went on for a year...then one day...totally NOT expecting to buy a bird, we weren't even planning on looking at the birds...and there was Franklin.

He picked us from afar and started bobbing his head, (common for conures) then he rolled over on his back, then he scratched at the cage to get out, then he regurjitated and if that wasn't enough, he put his head between his legs and did a summersault and looked back at us with this look of....NOW will you take me home...PLEASE!

When the clerk got him out for us, Franklin just felt right for both my husband and I and Franklin acted completely at home with us...the clerk said..."he's DEFINITELY putting on a show for you, I've never seen him act like this." Our gut instinct was absolutely correct, and so was Franklin's...he picked the best forever home for him, somehow..he just knew it. :D

Good luck you.

Toni

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
I love how that works. I went to my pet store and they had 3 normal GCC, and 4 YSGCC. I got to hold and play with all 7 of them. 2 of the normals were a bit older, at 8 months, and were pretty standoffish. I fell in love with the yellow sided's. When it came to Maxx's turn, he was 3 of the 4, he just jumped on my hand, and that was all it took. I held him, and walked with him all over the store for almost an hour, and knew he would be coming home with me. He is only 12 weeks old, and completely hand tame. What a little joy he has added to my life.

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Funny you say that, I think birds kinda choose you. I had a choice between a Cinnamon and standard green cheek. The Cinnamon was really shy and just wanted to cuddle the GCC (now my bird) where as the GCC just wanted to jump on my hand and play! Needless to say I picked him!

Most Reactions