More shocking news on Phoenix's history

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
As you know I am doing web design for our breeder/store owner. Well yesterday his son came over to my house so we could work on more details for the site. We we're talking, and he was laughing at how Phoenix was jabbering, and talking away. He was amazed how far he'd come, and how happy he was a long with our other birds were. He started telling me how Phoenix was, and how his Dad thought he would never find a forever home for him, and and how he thought he'd either have to keep him or turn him into a breeder. The owner couldn't even handle him. His son told me how he never really handled Phoenix because when he went to bite you he wasn't going to put pressure he was biting to hurt you, and take a chunk of skin. He said from what he knows Phoenix was actually kept in a double decker cage, and that's why he won't go lower than a certain height in his cage. He said his dad was happy that he found Phoenix a home because he didn't want Phoenix to go somewhere, and either come back in a year or two or just left to get worse. His said his dad knew we'd be a good home because we're home a lot, my wife and I weren't scared of him and we knew we would get bit, and my wife and I wouldn't give up on him and we would keep working with him. Hearing that makes it even more crazy that Phoenix is where he is at in such a short time. It is pretty bad that a guy who's been breeding, training, selling, rehoming, and rescuing birds for 41 years is so cautious of a bird. Especially when he would climb in cages with his breeders to clean them, and other stuff.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
That's very unfortunate how a lot of birds are being kept. He should of known better to do that to him. Especially since he does breeding and rescue. Good thing you have him now to provide him with a better home. :)

OP
FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven

May 9, 2013
Media
Parrots
Lucy (B&G Macaw), Phoenix (Camilla Macaw), Gizmo (Goffin Cockatoo),
Rita (Military Macaw),
Mango (Goffin Cockatoo),
Yeah I was shocked because they keep finding out more as he ends up taking more birds in from these people. It's sad people treat any pets like that, but people seem to especially not care about birds when they are the most intelligent pet you can own.

Most Reactions